Helite gilet?

Fat_Pony

Visit site
I am interested in an air jacket and have seen the helite gilet. It's a much nicer design to look at, but is it as good an air jackets as the standard ugly ones? Safety is my priority, but it would be a nicer look over a jacket when competing my 4 year old.

popsdosh

Visit site
I am interested in an air jacket and have seen the helite gilet. It's a much nicer design to look at, but is it as good an air jackets as the standard ugly ones? Safety is my priority, but it would be a nicer look over a jacket when competing my 4 year old.

Helite manufactured all point twos until very recently so maybe that helps or to be clearer point two were selling Helites

Fat_Pony

Visit site
Yes, their standard jacket does look identical. But they now do a norms looking jacket and a gilet. Not sure if they will be as good? Look a lot better obviously, but that's not the most important thing!

NeverSayNever

Visit site
according to helite (who i spoke to about this) the 2 are the same, as in same inflation rate and same coverage. I like the look of them but its a lot to spend on something that isn’t at all adjustable so cant be worn year round for hacking or over a BP.

dixie

Visit site
I have the jacket and a gilet. The gilet has gone off twice already and it does give very good protection. I love them and personally think they look great . Most people don't even realise I have an air jacket on.
There is good coverage around the neck and is scooped below at the bottom so goes quite far down too. As a plus the gilet fits over my body protector.��

dixie

Visit site
according to helite (who i spoke to about this) the 2 are the same, as in same inflation rate and same coverage. I like the look of them but its a lot to spend on something that isn’t at all adjustable so cant be worn year round for hacking or over a BP.

Whilst it's not adjustable it does fit over my BP surprisingly and my BP has shoulder pads. It's quite a stretchy material and as it inflates outwards it doesn't have to be extra large like a P2.

Dizzydancer

Visit site
I couldn't decide between the two at your horse but went for the normal helite As it has more scope for wear it can be closer fit so looks good but in summer I thought I would be too warm as it would be less breathabke with no room to move around.
I love mine- as a side they were trying to sell me the medium as a 5'6 size 10 I didn't like it as it felt huge- hence likening the gilet, but i pushed to try the small adult and it felt so much better, isn't too baggy looks nice over my show jacket can't tell it's there but you can still see my stock etc.
the other thing about the gilet which put me off as I wanted it for competing in dressage too was it does have to be done up quite high to be completely effective so you wouldn't see shirt, stock etc in it.