Hello from Joey and me :)

NikkiQ

Visit site
Hello, my name is Nikki. I have lurked on these forums for many many years and they are one of my online go to’s for opinions and recommendations, I’ve just never been brave enough to post!

I had a long break from riding after horse management at college (Moreton Morrell) didn’t work out for me (passed first year of National Diploma and gained an NVQ level 2 nearly 20 years ago but working in the industry just wasn’t for me, now I work in IT ?‍♀️).

After being very active (yoga, weight training/CrossFit style training and kickboxing) pre-COVID I became completely sedentary when the world changed. I tried to follow along with online classes but I just lost all motivation in the end, working from home and rarely stepping outside.

I knew I had to do something for the sake of my health so began looking for a loan/share and that’s when I met Joey (Java Joe). He is a 20 years young ISH and I loan him from a riding school. In the year since we met I think it’s safe to say we’ve done wonders for each other’s physical and mental health.

He still does one or two lessons in the school other than mine so we try to do as much hacking as possible to keep things fun. We have been joining in with friendly yard dressage comps but I hope we can go off site for some low level unaffiliated dressage next year. ?

Sorry for the essay, I adore him with all my heart and I feel like we were meant to cross paths. I could talk about him all day!

C4A9FE2E-ECB4-48D2-937B-35DA7370B941.jpeg EDACE32D-5DAC-4888-988B-1626D5B70B9A.jpeg D90484AF-150E-4B44-8092-5453EF29624A.jpeg

Ratface

Visit site
Welcome! Just had a look at the photos of you and your beautiful horse. He's very impressive. Amazing shiny coat and nicely put together.
Apart from general horse pottering/enjoying/random worrying etc, do you have any particular plans for your partnership, going forward?
Do keep us up to date, when you have time.

NikkiQ

Visit site
Welcome! Just had a look at the photos of you and your beautiful horse. He's very impressive. Amazing shiny coat and nicely put together.
Apart from general horse pottering/enjoying/random worrying etc, do you have any particular plans for your partnership, going forward?
Do keep us up to date, when you have time.

Ordinarily, he would be way out of my league but he retired from eventing due to injury. Paternal grandsire is Cavalier Royale and maternal grandsire Flagmount Diamond (by King of Diamonds).

We have been doing lots of hacking to get him fit and mentally happy but I would love to start taking him out for some unaffiliated dressage next year.

He can still jump, just not every day or at his previous level (mostly BE100, think he did a novice once) and we have popped a few to a max of about 80cm. He’s got a cracking jump, as you might expect, but he is also a spooky twit and I’m not the most confident jumper so I doubt we’ll be doing much of that. ?

PurBee

Visit site
Welcome to the forum nikki ? Lovely pics of you and joey - and the story of how and why you found each other. He’s looking fab for his age…what a find he is!