Hello - Showing Coloured Horses

RunningFree

Visit site
Hi - I have been lurking for quite some time, but have been looking at purchasing a show horse for quite some time - I have found a cracking horse only 15hh, but I have been told that she is suitable for a Plaited Coloured Class amongst others ......

What is a Plaited Coloured and how do you find out what class your Coloured can go in? I have tried a few web sites, but age of rider and then height of horse starts to come into it.

Anyone got any advice?

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
In brief - there are two coloured showing societies.
CHAPS which runs the HOYS qualifiers and BSPA which runs the RIHS qualifiers.

You have to be a member of the society to do qualifers, but there are also some classes that you don't have to be a member.

Plaited coloureds are different in both societies in terms of heights etc. If you have a 15hh then you will need to get a height certificate (google jmbonline to find out more).

If the plaited coloured is a hunter or riding horse, then tweed is correct. If they are a hack type, then navy would be correct.

Both BSPA and CHAPS have good websites which will give you lots more information.

There is no age restriction for HOYS and RIHS classes - you just need to be the right sort of height and weight for the horse.

Plaited coloured simply means that it is not a hairy horse.