Hello

Shellyjess

New User
Visit site
Hi, I am new to Horse and Hound and I have joined to gain advice and feedback on an issue I am encountering with my daughter's pony. The pony has started to buck on transition from trot to canter on the right rein only. This is also happening on the lunge rein in full tack. We have owned the pony for 5 months and this has just begun. Two changes, however, are recent change of feed (in last two weeks) and a recent change of home (within the last week). Any advice or suggestions would be fully appreciated :)

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
why did you change the feed? why not change back to what he was on before? a change of home can be very unsettling especially as you haven't had him long...I would also suggest getting his tack checked by a professional as he could have changed shape during the time you have owned him and his saddle may be pinching..

chilledoutpony

Visit site
I'm a small jockey myself and ride smaller ponies. I have a younger one at the the moment who I've had around 5 months. He will sometimes throw a buck now & again in that transition. That's just excitement in my ponies case. But maybe changing the feed has impacted him? Ill fitting tack could be the case? Or a deeper back problem?

What's the size, age,temprement of this pony?