HELP- Albion Revelation Event Saddle or Barnsby Extreme???

HolsteinersUK

Visit site
Hi... I really need some help deciding between these two saddles!

The Barnsby Extreme (on the iTree) is so close contact, lightweight and adjustable. Then the Albion Revelation is completely made to the horses back and you can alter the head width if needed by sending back to Albion for a head change. The Albion is really secure to ride in too, however am not sure how secure the Extreme is... I have a youngster, so that's quite important. They are both the same price, but loads of money- so I must make the right call. Help!

Does anyone have any good/bad experiences with either saddle?

Thank you :)

Lolo

Visit site
Nope, but I drool over the Barnsby Extremes, they look beyond lovely. No help at all to you, sorry, but I'm marking my place so I can be told by everyone they're horrible saddles really... (hopeful!)

Kokopelli

Visit site
I've heard quite a few bad things about the Barnsby, which is a real shame as the idea is great. Don't know anything about the Albion though so not much help there

kassieg

Visit site
My barnesby is amazing but isn't the extreame so cant comment on that model, v.secure
Also my saddle fitter changed my saddle from a wide to a medium

ihatework

Visit site
If you had posted this question on the forum a couple of years ago then you would have got a majority response that Albions were the work of the Devil and Barnsby's were the dogs wotsits.

Back then and to this day I have routinely used Albions and never had a problem.
My brand new expensive Barnsby however caused me and my horse no end of problems. That said, I actually cannot fault the service I received from Barnsby and their representative saddler (other than selling a dud saddle), they were responsive, took the situation seriously and I got a refund.

Do you know what, I reckon most companies will sell rubbish saddles every now and again. Either because the fitter was poor or because a bad one slipped through the quality net in manufacture.

DonkeyClub

Visit site
The fault with Barnsby is that they are making beautiful saddles on top of wonky asymmetrical trees.
So whoever makes their trees at Walsall is at fault - but last I heard was that Barnsby were refusing to admit to the mistake and weren't giving refunds

almostthere

Visit site
I have a Revelation. Fits well and has been adjusted as horse has changed shape (she was uneven when I first got her). Service good - slight delay on original promised delivery date but my order coincided with a factory shut down on annual holidays so fair enough. All in all happy.

HolsteinersUK

Visit site
I have a Revelation. Fits well and has been adjusted as horse has changed shape (she was uneven when I first got her). Service good - slight delay on original promised delivery date but my order coincided with a factory shut down on annual holidays so fair enough. All in all happy.

Do you have the XC Revelation? If so, do you find it nice, secure and comfy?

Cheers!

almostthere

Visit site
No - sorry I have the jump and the dressage. Both secure and comfy and what I found helpful is they fit to rider too so for me (short legs) the saddle flap on both were a little shorter than standard fittings. Definitely comfortable - don't notice it but feel secure - not sure I would want to do massive drops in mine but then my aims are no more than having fun at PN level max so wasn't designed for that. Beauty is that you can tell them you want to do intermediate fences for example and they will build it (as far as they are able) to accomodate that. That's important (and wasn't initially made clear to me so worth emphasising) - make sure you tell them what you want to do and then make sure fitter interprets that into the measuring and fitting ...

HolsteinersUK

Visit site
No - sorry I have the jump and the dressage. Both secure and comfy and what I found helpful is they fit to rider too so for me (short legs) the saddle flap on both were a little shorter than standard fittings. Definitely comfortable - don't notice it but feel secure - not sure I would want to do massive drops in mine but then my aims are no more than having fun at PN level max so wasn't designed for that. Beauty is that you can tell them you want to do intermediate fences for example and they will build it (as far as they are able) to accomodate that. That's important (and wasn't initially made clear to me so worth emphasising) - make sure you tell them what you want to do and then make sure fitter interprets that into the measuring and fitting ...

Great- thanks so much for that :)

Sults

Visit site
Talking from personal experience, this.. The fault with Barnsby is that they are making beautiful saddles on top of wonky asymmetrical trees

alwaysbroke

Visit site
We have two Xtreems, the jump and the mono, but have had them from when they first came out, no complaints from us or the horses, I am sure both saddles have helped me stay on when I really should have fallen off. Is it the newer ones that there appear to be problems with?

CrazyMare

Visit site
I have an old Barnsby (not Xtreme) and had a brand new Barnsby with a loaned horse.

Old one is fantastic, but the new one was dreadful in terms of quality of finish, the stirrup bars were poor (stirrups slipped straight off them as they weren't long enough), and I'm not convinced it was 100% true.

I've bought a Prestige for my young horse as I wanted to avoid a new Barnsby despite being very happy with my 10 year old one.

Sults

Visit site
I bought mine brand new from Barnsby just over 3 yrs ago, insurance claim (and now exclusions on policy!) down, worked out that it came down to the wonky tree. Whether it was wonky from the start or over time when they have taken it away to adjust i will never know! I will never buy another Barnsby.

Pudding01

Visit site
Hi, for those of you talking about a wonky tree, what was it like? I have a Barnsby (about 2.5 years old) and I think it makes me sit right - but that could be me! Thanks