HELP BELLA GET NEW FEET !

weevil

Visit site
If you have read the infomation box, Vet confirmed she will be leading a pain free life after the operation :)

I'm sorry but how can any vet possible confirm that she will be pain-free. Even if the operation goes smoothly it is major surgery and I can't imagine that anyone can guarantee the outcome...

lexiedhb

Visit site
This is horrific. What kind of charity would deliberately prolong the suffering of an animal rather than do the humane thing :mad::mad:

Quite- but hey no one is going to change this ladies mind- especially when she is surrounded by folk saying "you're so wonderful and doing the right thing"

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Sadly I agree. She certainly doesn't want naysayers posting on facebook:(

The real villain in this I feel is the breeder who should have taken responsbility for that poor pup's welfare and "wasted" some of the profit on doing the decent thing by that pup.

EAST KENT

Visit site
Vets make decisions where there is profit involved?HaHa.As it is most of them want to "do tests" when a dog is obviously dying,to what purpose exactly?Why to line their pockets of course.Thankfully mine are more sensible.
By the way I,for one,do have a pretty sound vet and orthopaedic knowledge,so feel qualified to comment.Fact is this little dog should have been PTS soon after birth,as soon as it became obvious her feet were not going to straighten for normal life.Keeping her alive is wicked and downright cruel .:(

lexiedhb

Visit site
God who are all these "animal lovers" spouting fluffiness on the FB page? the truth is this dog IS in pain- woman said so herself......

ladyearl

vvv
I am sorry that the owner has taken the huff and been "offended" by people asking some questions. £4000 is a lot of money to ask from strangers for your own private dog. From what she has said she has some disposable income so credit card the deal. Appealing like on a forum for dog lovers may mean some people who really can't afford it will donate and that's just not moral.

Dovorian

Visit site
Poor dog!

I'm rapidly losing faith with 'animal charities' whether they be by Royal Assent or private individuals pursuing their own consciences!

PTS asap after birth I believe .. sorry if that offends.

lexiedhb

Visit site
Apparently if you do not want this dog to stay in pain whilst they very slowly raise 4k you are "not a true animal lover" , "do not care as much" and "have no heart"............... sheeesh

s4sugar

Visit site
Apparently if you do not want this dog to stay in pain whilst they very slowly raise 4k you are "not a true animal lover" , "do not care as much" and "have no heart"............... sheeesh

No one has answered my original question of "why?"

I have seen plenty of bungled limb straigtening attempts and few successful ones. In each of the "sucessful" cases the dog suffered from arthritis at an early age and was in pain for months. Had it been one leg so a simple amputation could be performed, which the owner could pay for, to give her a chance but as it is surely the owner should be prosecuted as waiting is an offence under the Animal Welfare Act 2006. (Section 4).
I would have PTS at birth and would question the vet that performed the spay who should have seen the state of her limbs and either refused to spay subject to doing future surgery or PTS at the time. No Kill shelter is often synonymous with hoarder.
The Dogs Trust motto of never put a healthy dog down would have allowed this poor puppy release from pain.

Some fluffy people are just cruel as some of the scum that make the papers.

weevil

Visit site
Not to mention that you are a troll for daring to question the rationale of making an animal suffer for an unspecified period of time so that those involved can pat themselves on the back for being such caring animal lovers...

EAST KENT

Visit site
No one has answered my original question of "why?"

I have seen plenty of bungled limb straigtening attempts and few successful ones. In each of the "sucessful" cases the dog suffered from arthritis at an early age and was in pain for months. Had it been one leg so a simple amputation could be performed, which the owner could pay for, to give her a chance but as it is surely the owner should be prosecuted as waiting is an offence under the Animal Welfare Act 2006. (Section 4).
I would have PTS at birth and would question the vet that performed the spay who should have seen the state of her limbs and either refused to spay subject to doing future surgery or PTS at the time. No Kill shelter is often synonymous with hoarder.
The Dogs Trust motto of never put a healthy dog down would have allowed this poor puppy release from pain.

Some fluffy people are just cruel as some of the scum that make the papers.

Indeed this IS true cruelty ,keeping it alive,in pain for what is basically a vivesection experiment to see if,after months of suffering,she can lead a "normal" life.These fluffy rescues make me want to puke:mad:

cptrayes

Visit site
have you seen Bella

Yes, I have seen your Facebook page. The puppy is seriously deformed.

Do you understand about orthopaedics in animals?

Yes, I understand orthopedics in animals. I have a completely cured fracture of the shoulder and a completely cured fracture of the arm with an 8 inch plate and 7 screws, and I know that I can feel the ache in both of them every time the weather changes.

Would any of you put your money where your mouths are and come and visit Bella, and see how happy and bouncy she is?

No, because it does not matter how bouncy she is. She's a puppy and puppies are bouncy. As a fully grown and much heavier adult I don't think that there is a hope in hell of her living a pain free life. She should be put down.

we know we are good, kind people, that is all that matters. See you soon, take care xxxx

I'm sure you are good kind people but in this case I think that your kindness is, sadly, badly misplaced. The puppy should be put to sleep and you should exercise your kindness putting the money you have collected to work for dogs that can be brought back to full health. That would be the brave thing to do.

Last edited:

SusieT

Visit site
So all animals with fractures, say requiring plates, pins etc. should be euthanased as they are probably goign to be in pain for a period of time, along with early onset arthritis which will happen. And charities shouldn't exist as nobody should be looking after dogs where they do not have access to pay for the most expensive medical tests?

emm0r

Visit site
Susie.....

I don't believe anyone has said all dogs with fractures should be PTS. In this case the puppy has been in pain it's whole life and is going to be put through several operations and the outcome is going to be the same.... A dog in pain with a slightly less bent leg that is highly likely to have issues the bigger and older it gets...... People like to be heroes, but really all they are doing is boosting their own egos!
Animals break our hearts every day but we have the choice to do the right thing. You cannot be fluffy about situations like this! As heartbreaking as it is sometimes you just have to let go.
As far as charities go, they are wonderful things but unfortunately no charity can save every animal and they shouldn't try and keep a suffering animal out in the hope that someone will pay for it! At the end of they day if you can't afford the treatment then kinder to PTS than prolong any suffering...

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
^ I think you're missing the point, Susie. The dog is waiting for surgery (no date, no vet has yet offered free surgery or at vastly reduced rates, which the owner should pay without public donations as she owns the dog). It is, as someone already mentioned, an offence to leave an animal to suffer without taking action. Morally, ethically, get the surgery done instead of waiting for manna to fall from heaven :rolleyes: or PTS the animal if you can't afford it.

At no point has anyone said that all animals with fractures whether or not requiring plates etc should be PTS. :confused: Perhaps much easier would be to amputate the affected limb: has no-one mentioned this yet as an avenue?

The waiting around is what is upsetting many people as well as the fact that the woman is requesting donations from the public to fund an op for her privately owned pet. Can someone please pay for my horse's cortisone injections? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

SusieT

Visit site
no-one is forcing anyone to operate. the dog is on pain medication, or should all chronic arthritic dogsbe pts? the logic people are using to say euth is that the dog is not in immediately curable pain..

lexiedhb

Visit site
Not to mention that you are a troll for daring to question the rationale of making an animal suffer for an unspecified period of time so that those involved can pat themselves on the back for being such caring animal lovers...

Actually bar one fluffy - they are being reasonably polite to me- actaully asking for more opinions on both sides.

^ I think you're missing the point, Susie. The dog is waiting for surgery (no date, no vet has yet offered free surgery or at vastly reduced rates, which the owner should pay without public donations as she owns the dog). It is, as someone already mentioned, an offence to leave an animal to suffer without taking action. Morally, ethically, get the surgery done instead of waiting for manna to fall from heaven :rolleyes: or PTS the animal if you can't afford it.

At no point has anyone said that all animals with fractures whether or not requiring plates etc should be PTS. :confused: Perhaps much easier would be to amputate the affected limb: has no-one mentioned this yet as an avenue?

The waiting around is what is upsetting many people as well as the fact that the woman is requesting donations from the public to fund an op for her privately owned pet. Can someone please pay for my horse's cortisone injections? :rolleyes:

I said it was a shame only one leg was not affected as like Sugar said, simple amputation would be a better option, but she does not have a good front leg to support her :(

marmalade76

Visit site
I posted a link to this thread on the FB page and this was the reply:-

Share · Promote.

Bella's New Feet Fund Oh,dont worry, I have seen them, as have many people here. I have chosen not to feed the trolls anymore, as they are feeding themselves very well, and working themselves up in to an hilarious frenzy. If anyone wants a laugh, feel free to go and look. Oh, and the police have been informed and are taking a very dim view of what they consider to be cyber bullying, so lelase be careful what you write xx

33 minutes ago · Edited · Like..

So, it's hilariously funny and the police consider this thread cyber bullying - she's having a laugh!

As Pedantic would say Nation of A........!

WelshD

Visit site
Like the police would get involved in this!

To the owner of Bella, she is your dog you should pay your own bills as the rest of us have to pay our bills for animals we have chosen to buy or breed.

Elsiecat

Visit site
Poor pup. Anyone with some common sense and compassion would PTS soon after birth.
And the police getting involved!? My my my.. some people do have active imaginations!

cptrayes

Visit site
Bella's New Feet Fund Oh,dont worry, I have seen them, as have many people here. I have chosen not to feed the trolls anymore, as they are feeding themselves very well, and working themselves up in to an hilarious frenzy. If anyone wants a laugh, feel free to go and look. Oh, and the police have been informed and are taking a very dim view of what they consider to be cyber bullying, so lelase be careful what you write xx

It's probably far more likely that you would end up charged with wasting Police time by making a complaint about anything which has been said on this forum.

In case you have not noticed, it is a moderated forum. You can request that posts are removed if they breach HHO terms and conditions by pressing the triangle button to the left of any post. But none do, as far as I can see.

lexiedhb

Visit site
Tessybear glad to see youve kept your sense of humour, now if you really want to make a post with more views just start with wanting to breed your rescue crossbreed bitch and watch it take off:D

Make sure you mention said cockerpoodledoo has BIG PAWS tho............... :D