Help? Best way to get hairs off a numnah

Compoboots

Visit site
Okay so I have a few old saddlecloths that are covered in hair on the inside, stuck in the threading of the quilting if you know what I mean!
They're in need of a wash but last time I washed one I clogged up the machine filter with hairs- mum nearly killed me!
I've spent the last 20 minutes using a curry comb but it isn't really getting most of it out

Anyone have any tips?
TIA

Clannad48

Visit site
I have a 'Harry' pet hair vacuum cleaner, I tell my daughter to use that before putting them in the machine, just make sure you clean the filter before and after each wash.

Visit site
I wash them in one of those orange bags for washing pet stuff, and then use this orange carPET hair remover that I got somewhere online and it gets practically all the hair off! :)

First Flame

Visit site
I use a magic brush to get the hairs off! Works a treat! I give mine a quick brush off after riding now and stops the build up of hairs :D

Spilletta

Visit site
For the future, I would definitely recommend one of the orange washbags (Moorland Rider Horsewear washbag). Even if you get most of the hair off, there's still usually some left, and putting it in the bag will help the machine. I use mine all the time.

BSL

Visit site
Just chuck it in the machine and empty the filter before your mum sees it!

Not just filter. My husband came home from work early, to find me with the washing machine pulled out and the outlet hose disconnected, as it had a sausage shaped plug of hair stopping it empty:eek:. A few weeks later the pump broke.:eek: I have to smuggle mine in now.

Lucky788

Visit site
I use one of those grooming blocks for removing loose hair does a fab job then Hoover and pop in a horse ware wash bag to wash which catches any further stray hairs :)