Help - bitch mismated

The Bouncing Bog Trotter

Visit site
Help - my 10 month old springer bitch has just been mismated by her litter brother - with a full tie. I am off to the vets for the required injection but what are the time limits???? Is tomorrow too soon, too late, can I get her speyed at the same time?

Thank you

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I'm pretty sure tomorrow will be fine, not got experience of the modern mismate jabs. Its not ideal to spay her whilst she is in season, best to wait 2 or 3 months.

CAYLA

Visit site
Help - my 10 month old springer bitch has just been mismated by her litter brother - with a full tie. I am off to the vets for the required injection but what are the time limits???? Is tomorrow too soon, too late, can I get her speyed at the same time?

Thank you

When did they tie? I think its day 2 and 5 maybe a few days out there or may have changed altogether, I work nights we dont do alot of emergency misalience injections:D. Yes you can spay, we would generally do it from 4 weeks on (after mate) or later if need be (esp all rescue coming in pregnant). The inj is not fail safe and will bring her back into season and always a risk of pyo but a good option otherwise, speak to the vet tomorrow and get advice, unless any plonker tells you to let her have them (given her age and being caught by her brother obs that would be stupid advice) Good luck.

Vizslak

Visit site
think last time I had a bitch injected after a mismate it was day 2-3 for first jab. You certainly dont need to panic and rush in tonight. Ring in the morning, think you will be looking at tuesday or weds to take her in.

The Bouncing Bog Trotter

Visit site
Thank you for the replies and the lack of 'silly twit' comments :eek:, I will phone the vet in the morning. She is going to be speyed anyway as I have no intention of breeding from her so I'll speak to them about booking her in for that too - at a time that they recommend. I have no intention of letting her have these pups - they are both too young, way too genetically close and neither are breeding quality - just super pet dog calibre.

Cayla - they tied about 20 mins before my first post - rushed straight on line to check with the 'oracles'.

Last edited: