Help Confidence!

lottie1990

www.myspace.com
Heya,

i need some advice, this girl has got a pony on a trial and ive been helping her ride.

Shes really nervous, shes ok at controlling in walk but scared to do anything else.
How can i boost her confidence?

Please help! xxx

mad_egg

Visit site
I would suggest keep it in walk for now, doing different easy things (circles, serpentines etc) and giving her lots of praise. Ask her every so often if she feels ready to move on trot, she may feel happier with a leader either side of her and only doing a short trot.

If she prefers going on hacks you could try leading her out on the pony and practising short trots then.

Puppy

Visit site
You'll get a much better response for this in new lounge - this is for latest news
smile.gif

lottie1990

www.myspace.com
its gona be so difficult as shes only got a week to decide if shes confident enough to have this pony.

Today i got her doing some serpentines and circles.

I think i'll take her out on a small hack on the farm. I can ride my pony and have her on lead rein.

SJFAN

Visit site
As Puppy told you, this section is for Latest News. Your posts belong in New Lounge. It is in your own best interest to post on the correct board.

lottie1990

www.myspace.com
oh i did all that (proud)
smile.gif

I cant believe how much confidence she has gain over these few days!

I was thinking of riding danny and walk around the track on the farm, so honey will follow behind and im sure that will help!
*Fingers crosses* its all going really well!

Thanks everyone

smartcolours

Visit site
When I had a pony on loan..he bucked me off and walked across my back. I've only ridden two times since..But I'm getting another loan soon!!
What I found is that I wanted someone to be near me with the horse..and in an enclosed area where I felt safer. Make sure you don't go past any scarey monsters that will freak the horse out till shes more confident..But untill then keep the lessons short and end on a good note.
Remember to give her lots of praise for doing well..and If at any point she freaks and wants to get of..let her choose but try and ecourage her without force.
I'm only 13..so I speak from experiance..After I fell of the pony the practically forced me to stay on the pony till I was almost in tears!!

x x x x Jenjenz x x x x

(Let me know how it goes)