Help, dog constantly wetting in the house

tda

Visit site
Yes I'm starting to realise that terriers are a whole different ball game to greyhounds! She's just as loving but definitely has more energy and is like a little spring compared to them. I suppose we were a bit naive when we took her in as if we had known she was to do this we would have said from the start that we weren't experienced enough to retrain her as there greyhounds were so easy so did it for us but she's here now and were so attached so we need to try anything and everything to crack this

Yes they definitely are, the most polar opposite to greyhounds 😁 but are great fun .
Maybe she needs more / longer exercise, things to exercise her brain, she might be more likely to sleep when left then x

hurricane124

Visit site
We do have a crate to try that a friend has kindly given us, we've set it up to allow her time to get used to it but she doesn't go anywhere near it , unfortunately we don't know if she has been crate trained previously and we have had 2 greyhounds before her that were just a doddle, they were the most perfect dogs we could have asked for and after our second one went we said we wouldn't have another as too heartbreaking when they go and the this little girl just happened to need a home and she belonged to a relative of a friend who knew her and said she was fine so we took her in but now I'm worried she has bigger issues than we know how to deal with and we're letting her down by not having experience with problems like this, we don't know where to start with the crate training now we have allowed her time to see the crate and familiarise her self with it being there , do we just put her in there and build up the form gradually? Should we do that whilst were in the house at first before we try leaving her to go to work? I worry incase it's too long for her to be in there between us leaving for work and my father in law coming round to walk her and then again when he leaves and before my partner is home ☹️

We started our girl off with her crate by giving her treats or toys in it and saying 'in your bed'. After a while when she was eating or playing in there we'd shut the door for 5 minutes and make a big fuss of her when we came back. We built it up from there and after a while when she was told to get in her bed she'd happily wander off to it.
Last year I was off work ill and she chose to sit in her crate even though I was home cause it was her routine to go in there for some chewing and a nap after her breakfast.