Help... enormous sachets of antibiotics

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
Custard powder
Molasses
Treacle
Mint essence
Mint cordial

I’d buy a few and change the taste every time so she doesn’t get used to it.

All the Above hid meds from my fussy gelding, the only thing they didn’t hide was baytril and prascend. The prascend I got gel capsules for and he got it that way. The baytril I mixed with mint cordial and syringed.

Leam_Carrie

Visit site
I would just get the vet to give you an injectable antibiotic. It is the best way to make sure the medication gets where it should be. Injecting into a muscle is really not a difficult procedure, and if you learn it now then if your horse is ever seriously ill you will be equipped.

I think I mighty do this next time. The vet did give it as an option... but I think my expression said no. It’s a good point about learning to do it :).

It’s times like this I miss being on a yard with people to help. That said i’m now learning to be able to do it all without relying on a YO.

Leam_Carrie

Visit site
Custard powder
Molasses
Treacle
Mint essence
Mint cordial

I’d buy a few and change the taste every time so she doesn’t get used to it.

All the Above hid meds from my fussy gelding, the only thing they didn’t hide was baytril and prascend. The prascend I got gel capsules for and he got it that way. The baytril I mixed with mint cordial and syringed.

Loving all these suggestions. The lady at the feed shop suggested fruit tea - apparently turmeric and ginger worked for her friends pony (and is sugar free). I’m going to have a selection for future use. The is a new issue for me - she happily eats her feed with prascend and bute I’m normally. Tumeric has done the trick today :).

Reactions: tda