Help finding livery/grazing in the chudleigh/bovey/exeter area?

sparky1981

Visit site
we are sadly having to relocate to the area and are finding it very difficult to find anywhere in the teign valley, chudleigh, bovey Tracey, south of exeter area for horses to go. If anyone knows of anything at all please let me know.

dixie

Visit site

Spreebok

Visit site
I'm a livery at Rollestone, started as Part and went to Grass livery. Nice yard, decent hacking. Turnout in small groups as of September, no individual turn out from then. People are friendly and very supportive. Grass, Part and Full available.

I've also been to Centyfield, nice place but more of a competitive yard, plus more expensive. Either DIY, Part or Full. Great if you want to compete.

And I was at Hilltop Riding School for a spell too, basic and a bit scruffy, but functional and the people are lovely. Full livery only, it's cheap, but I found I felt I had to go up every day to make sure it was done how I wanted/do it myself, purely because the owner does all the work herself, and she's so busy I felt bad leaving it to her lol!

Enfys

Visit site
Sparky, where exactly are you relocating to? (pm me)

I used to live in Bovey and still have friends there, lucky you if you enjoy hacking because it is fabulous. I can ask around for any reputable liveries in that area if you like?

Last edited:

Llee94

Visit site
Centyfield is fab. I have lessons there and have sent my horse for schooling as well when I go on holiday. I thought the prices where very reasonable and their facilities are great.

sparky1981

Visit site
We aren't totally sure exactly where we will be living as I'm trying to find that too!but if I could find a nice yard I would travel to it from wherever we end up. Which I'm hoping will be chudleigh or bovey and that end of teignvalley. I would do either part livery or assisted diy for my ridden horse. My other two would be fine in just a field somewhere and it doesn't have to be the same place. Just trying to workout my options

Spot_the_Risk

www.animalcrackersdevon.co.uk
Sparky, enfys has already said about the yard at Hennock which could work well, there are some yards just outside of Chudleigh on Parrs Lane, probably best to drive there and ask. Rora Farm at Ilsington could work for you. Charlotte Rowe at Goatlake Farm near Tedburn does full livery only, great facilities there. Gosh this is making me realise just how many small yards have closed down over the years...

mightymammoth

Visit site
I used to live in liverton near bovey tracey, due to the lack of riding and livery yards I moved to west devon (where there still isn't a vast choice of yards). I was surprised as I thought that there would be hundreds in devon. Try going to mole valley at Heathfield Industrial Estate, Newton Abbot there used to be the odd advert for livery yards come up there. Or post your own advert.

Spot_the_Risk

www.animalcrackersdevon.co.uk
Xtheres a lot of horses, just not that many yards, and of course good yards have clients that stay for years. There are a lot of horses kept 'at home' in this area and a lot of small yards have shut down, OP you could ask at Finlake RC, the owner is Jackie and she may be able to recommend someone I haven't thought of.