Help finding photos of ex racehorse!

CBonfield

Visit site
Hi,
I have an exracehorse who I've owned for 5 years now, over the years I've tried 100s of times to find photos of him racing but I'm at a complete loss. I know his last race was a while ago now (2016) but I would love to find a photo of him racing if at all possible. I've even found photos of the races he was in but he is not in the background or anywhere to be seen!

His racing name is Oakbank (USA) foaled 2011 out of Empire Maker (USA) and Summer Shower (GB)

I have found his racing record with his wins and losses but nothing else.

Any help would be really appreciated!
Thanks,
Clara

Melody Grey

Visit site
Thanks for your help! Yes I actually used to work for his trainer but they didn't seem to know where I could get any photos :/
Can the trainer ask the previous owner/owners on your behalf? Most owners (and trainers!) would have some pics of their investment.

ETA- and they might even be interested in what their horse is up to now so might be happy to oblige?

CBonfield

Visit site
Can the trainer ask the previous owner/owners on your behalf? Most owners (and trainers!) would have some pics of their investment.

ETA- and they might even be interested in what their horse is up to now so might be happy to oblige?
Yes thats a good idea, thank you! They might help with some photos

SibeliusMB

Visit site
Was he a winner at all? If you look up the dates/locations of his wins, you can contact the track photographer to see if they still have those win photos on file. That's how I got my late boy's two win photos. I contacted the photographer directly and was able to purchase them.

CBonfield

Visit site
Was he a winner at all? If you look up the dates/locations of his wins, you can contact the track photographer to see if they still have those win photos on file. That's how I got my late boy's two win photos. I contacted the photographer directly and was able to purchase them.
Yes he won once so I was thinking I should be able to find a photo of it! I'll get in contact with the photographer, thank you!

Dreamer2020

Visit site
Hi OP - if you contact RaceTech you can buy a dvd with his races on ... I did this ... it's not cheap but is lovely to have :) Good luck with the photos too! xx

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I put mines name into Facebook and did a general search, as in not on any particular page- although that’s worth doing also.
It worked really well. Several people who had taken him racing years ago had put photos on their own walls which all came up.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I just tried my suggestion and didn’t find anything, other than Oakbank racing club which appears to be quite old.
Absolutely contact old trainers, my boss is always quite happy and interested to hear from new owners of past horses and can usually dig out a few photos

CBonfield

Visit site
I just tried my suggestion and didn’t find anything, other than Oakbank racing club which appears to be quite old.
Absolutely contact old trainers, my boss is always quite happy and interested to hear from new owners of past horses and can usually dig out a few photos
Yes annoyingly there seems to also be a racecourse called Oakbank so it gets a little confusing when I've been researching! Yes I will contact the old owner and trainer if I don't get anywhere with the photographers. Thank you for your help!

Maddie Moo

Visit site
Oh thats awesome! Thank you so much for finding that, I must've missed it! Its so cool to be able to see them like that, thank you :)
I've also emailed the photographer so just waiting to hear back from him!

Its no problem at all :) From experience I’ve found it they finish in place position and they’re in a close enough distance to the winner like he was, you can be lucky enough to find them in the winners photo.

I hope they can find you his win photo from Lingfield, hopefully it’s in their archive :)