Help, first show in 10 years and no idea.

Meeley81

New User
Visit site
Hello fellow H&H members, I wonder if you might be able to help, I have recently bought myself a lovely looking piebald gelding following the very sad loss of my mare of 10yrs. I am looking into taking him showing as he is lovely looking but I haven't been showing in more than 10yrs.
He is only 7 so planning on a fun show and entering in hand coloured, cob and maybe hack classes, I have bought a tweed show jacket and have beige jodhs and my black riding hat to wear, I plan on my boy wearing a hunter bridle but I'm struggling with footwear, I am not the smallest of riders and can't find long boots that have a wide enough calf to fit me, is it OK to wear jodhpur boots for this type of showing as an adult? Can I wear jodhpur boots if I decide to enter any ridden classes or is it frowned upon? Sorry for the long post but as I say it's been a long time.
Thank you in advance for reading.?

meleeka

Visit site
If you do in hand you can wear trousers (black if the horse has white legs) and whatever boots are comfortable. For ridden it should be long boots really, but they aren’t likely to throw you out of the ring for wearing short boots, so wear whatever you are able to, especially for local shows.

Hack classes are usually for finer non-native types so probably wouldn’t be suitable, especially as you are planning on doing cob classes too. If they have a riding club horse class that would be suitable for an all rounder.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Could you get leather half chaps that match your jodhpur boots for the ridden classes, not necessarily correct but ok for a local show and if they match properly, will look like boots from a distance.