Help for dissertation-digestion supplements

sarahgill

Visit site
Hi, I am doing my third year dissertation on the effectiveness of digestion supplements such as Yea-sacc from Dodson and Horrell and probiotics (Newcastle University). I am doing a feed trial to establish whether there is less undigested feed in the faeces etc. But i would also like to back up my research with the views of the owner to whether they believe these supplement improves the condition of the horse etc.. I was wondering how many people would be willing to fill out a questionnaire (supplied with SAE) who use digestive supplements or any supplement that suggests improving digestion. If you are please could you PM or email (s.d.gill@ncl.ac.uk) me your home address or email address so that I could send you the questionnaire. This will not be ready until sept/oct as will have to have clearence from my tutor and all addresses will be strictly confidential and not passed on to a third party.
Thank you very much it would be a great help to get your suppport.
smile.gif

Guinness

Visit site
try emailing equine colleges and sending copies of questionnaires there-we used to get loads sent to us via our tutors and had to fill them in so would get lots of responses!

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
Sounds to me like the anecdotal evidence from your survey would be a whole lot of extra work, and take you more into the realms of customer perceptions and marketing rather than keeping focus on your subject. It sounds like your actual feed trial is quite strong.
If I were you, I'd try to chat to my tutor now and see if they really think the survey is a good idea.
S
smile.gif
(ex-dissertation tutor)