Help - Formula 4 feet v. balancer (hoof quality)

aran

community.webshots.com
Hello

I have a TB and a connie. I have fed F4F for the last 2 years and my TBs feet have really improved. However, when I reviewed what I was feeding all the different companies came back suggesting I swap off the F4F and go on to a balancer (especially as my TB doesn't get much as is off work currently and my connie is a youngster).
Both look good and are happy/ doing well but the feed companies have now got me wondering if I should change off the F4F and on to a balancer - but I dont want the TB's hoof quality to deteriorate.

What are your views?

Spyda

Visit site
Hey, if it's not broke, don't fix it!

My filly's been on Bailey's Stud Balancer for the past 2 years but her feet still aren't as good as I'd like, so I've just switched to F4F. Too early to tell if it's going to help mine, but if it's helped yours - stick with it!
smile.gif

PennyJ

Visit site
I think they all work differently depending on the horse concerned. Certainly F4F was "OK" on a friend's horse, then she added everything up one day and worked out it would be cheaper just to feed all her lot the same with Blue Chip instead of every one getting different things. Her horse's feet were so much much better once she switched to BC from F4F. I think if its working for you, don't change it if you don't need to.

K27

Visit site
If its works well and you are pleased with the results, keep with it!

It sounds to me that maybe the feed companies are trying to get you to swap to a balancer so they get money out of you as they poss don't make anything similar to F4F?!

Paula18

Visit site
Didnt realise it was a balancer - i feed f4f and baileys lo-cal balancer. definitely noticed a difference in my boys feet since he's been on f4f though, farrier has also commented on the improvement.