Help - how do I find my horses UELN?

McFluff

Visit site
I'm trying to register my welsh cob with BD - and they need a UELN. I didn't need this when I last registered a horse, and have searched his passport (it is a WPCS one) and can't find anything labelled as such. There is a passport number, microchip number and he has a short number after his name (5 digits) which I am assuming is the stud book number - this seems too short to be the UELN. Can anyone help? Clearly I'm missing something...

TIA

ihatework

Visit site
It’s the passport number I think, which in newer ones is often the same as the microchip number (but not for Welsh they are still in dark ages with their passporting)

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
The UELN number should be on the inside front page of your WP&CS passport.
A UK number (usually) starts 826 - then 3 numbers - then letters and up to 7 numbers, 15 digits in total.
The last 4 numbers (or more) will usually correspond with the final numbers of his breed reg number.

Hope this helps, PM me if you need more x

McFluff

Visit site
Thank you so much everyone. I managed to speak to BD - they confirmed it is the passport number. Now just to work out how to upload passport evidence as the limit is 5MB and the PDF I carefully created is 10MB. Having one of those days...!