Help I need to find a job.

LauraWheeler

Visit site
I know i have asked this before but i realy realy need a new job. I have to be out of where I am by the end of the month :(. I am registered on yard and groom and look on there several times a day I look on NFED and also had an advert on there. But I just can't seem to find a job :( Maybe i'm just being to fussy.
I need a job in the south prefrably in the new forest area but could move a little further away if my OH could come to. Not necessaraly to work but to live, Although he is happy to do a handyman/ tractor driver type job if it was avalable. I need livery for one pony and to be able to bring my very small jackrussel (he's not a yard dog he lives indoors and is taken for walks but is very intrested in rats so could be useful LOL) I want to be paid enough to get by and work for a nice boss who understands working with horses needs a little give and take from BOTH sides and won't treat me like a door mat and take advantage of me.
I'm hard working and dedicated to providing top class care to any animal in my care. So why is it proving so hard to find a job? Where else can i look?
Sorry all i seem to be doing lately is moaning but if i don't find somewhere soon Herbie, Charlie Brown and I will be homeless :(

LauraWheeler

Visit site
Thankyou so much HollyWoozle. I've been looking for months but nothing is sutable. Most jobs i seem to find are for working pupils and i'm abit past that now ;) My head hurts just thinking about it :(. I'm not that good with computers so can't think of where else to look. I have looked on Horse and hound though.

HollyWoozle

www.farandride.com

Dubsie

Visit site
Is Henley on Thames too far? Lots of posh/large/horsey households. Just picked up the paper and there's an ad for ' Live in couple required for P/T help with housekeeping and horses. Tel ...'.
Will PM you the number.

LauraWheeler

Visit site
Thankyou HollyWoozle I rang the first one as if it's a live in job where OH can come he could drive a lorry on weekends but they wanted someone who could drive it two/three times a week so no good :( The second one looks intresting I'll ask the OH how far it is my geog is rubbish.

thankyou martlin i'll have a look and keep an eye on that site for new adverts.

Thankyou Dubsie again i'll check with the OH.

LauraWheeler

Visit site
Thanks HollyWoozle I have sent the last one a message. But they havn't got back to me yet. Would be ideal as OH could come to. :)
The second to last one looks amazing to.

LauraWheeler

Visit site
Thanks Dubsie i'm registered with them and look everyday but not much on there seems sutable. Or if you message them they don't get back to you.

LauraWheeler

Visit site
Not much advertised on there and i did have an advert on there but it's got buryed under all the 14 year olds looking for summer jobs :( I may wright another one so i can be back up the top again. ;) :)

LauraWheeler

Visit site
I saw that one but the only two yards i will not work at are Polo or Racing. Had bad expereances at both. (the way they look after the horses :( never again)

LauraWheeler

Visit site
thankyou Dubsie some of those look intresting. I didn't realise there where so many places to look for jobs. Just proves i'm a computer numpty :p :D :D Thankyou so much everyone for your help.

Rueysmum

Visit site
The Lady Magazine is another place to look.

Their website is www.lady.co.uk. I have just had a look and there is a job in Wiltshire under the Domestic UK section looking for someone to help in a country household with horses and dogs and own horse welcome. Sounds promising!

LauraWheeler

Visit site
Thanks Rueysmum. I had heard about Lady but could never find there website. I'm prob being thick but the only job i see in wilts is for a country house with 4 boys to look after. Doesn't mention horses. Wouldn't mind if i could take Herbs but it says you need to drive and i can't so if it's that one it's no good :( Thankyou anyway i'll keep a lookout on the website to see if anymore come up may even put my own ad in and see what happens.

LauraWheeler

Visit site
Thanks again Rueysmum I'll deff look into that I googled the place and it looks amazing :) OH said it's not to far away either :D

thankyou smallgirl aswell.

LauraWheeler

Visit site
Thankyou Luci07 I'll look into that :). Always good to register with lots of sites. Hopefuly someone will have something sutable Soon :eek: