Help, I think I have lost my nerve (completely)

Rocky159

Visit site
Don’t give up Spottytom! I am 63 and have just bought a 3-yr-old unbroken cob. I’ve had her a week. She was hardly handled. She’s coming along nicely. Of course I’m apprehensive but determined and I haven’t felt as good as I have in the last week for a long time! Last year I had cancer and major surgery. Three weeks ago I had similar symptoms and have re-undergone necessary scans/tests and just waiting for results of biopsy. Whilst I was waiting for results of CT I promised myself that if it was clear I would buy another horse. It was clear and that’s where I’m at. Life is for living. Last year there were times when I didn’t care if I lived or died. If horses are your passion you won’t be happy with gardening (which I do love!) I’m so happy with my little filly! Please keep going. On a practical note, I always use a neck strap and on youngsters I have at least one handful of mane! Much love.

Visit site
Would be a shame for you to give up - sounds like you’ve got yourself a lovely horse there! You can get something called an ‘arrestor’ or something similar that clips onto the D rings on the saddle and you hold it with the reins - it’s supposed to help your balance and prevents falls. Might be worth looking into ?