HELP i urgently need a show name QWUICK QUICK QUICK

tinap

Visit site
What is her stable name? Maybe try mixing that with something. For our sec.A her name was Frizbee & she lived on Broadbent Road so we came up with Broadbents Frizzy B.

china

Visit site
What name does the horse have on it's passport? That's it's registered name and you should compete it under that name.

This^^^ and if it doesnt have a passport you shouldnt be competing it at a big show.....

Visit site
Think she's just after a fancier name - passport may be just plain name ie: ours name in passport is just 'magic'. xx

If that's their name then that is their name.

I get annoyed with people who change a horses name just for a competition as most have been bred at a stud and will carry their prefix. By changing the name you then make the horse anonymous and the stud gets no credit for breeding it. Imagine if you had a horse go to HOYS either showing or jumping or had a horse at WEG in the dressage - wouldn't you want people to know you bred it? Having one good horse with your prefix on opens up a whole host of new doors to prespective buys - change the name and no one knows where it has come from.

tinap

Visit site
Fair enough, but our boy had no passport when came over from Ireland 8yrs ago so last owner just got him a weatherbys passport, didn't know his breeding so it just said Magic. Few years later she made up a show name to register with Bsja. No need to to turn this into a rant when op only asked for a show name & not to get slagged off! I get annoyed when people can't just answer the op questions!!!

scrumpyjackles

Visit site
Fair enough, but our boy had no passport when came over from Ireland 8yrs ago so last owner just got him a weatherbys passport, didn't know his breeding so it just said Magic. Few years later she made up a show name to register with Bsja. No need to to turn this into a rant when op only asked for a show name & not to get slagged off! I get annoyed when people can't just answer the op questions!!!

couldnt agree more !!!! people are very quick to jump on your back for no reason....i love picking show names, bit disappointed i only came up with scrumpy jack but nothing fancy really suited him ! i always dreamed of having a mr darcy !!!

mulledwhine

Visit site
No ideas sorry, my old Weimaraner was a rescue so had no papers, but to enter into obeidience comps and trials he had to have be registered as working, so called him ' where's egon' !!!!!! Do you get it :)

Our ponys passport just says Levi, and if we ever did a show would be nice to jazz it up, but plenty of people do just use their stable name.

Sayra

Visit site
Sorry.....yes Little Squirrel thats a good one!

I just meant IMO just because the horse has a name in its passport, thats not the only name it can have!

The OP hasn't got back with her horses name yet has she?

Time Tells

Visit site
Well I always understood it was 'bad luck' to chage a horse's name, but hey I have been searching for a horse for a long time now and just cannot understand why folk name their horse;
Derrick
Fred
Boris
Tom
Arnold
Sid
or
Nancy
Clare
Jane
Sue
Alice
bla bla bla, cricky, if I bought a horse with anyone of these names or anything along those lines, I would change it and risk the luck bit. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee why do people call horses by human names and imo dreadful names too.

Now shoot me!

Fairynuff

Visit site
What's wrong with Tom? My boys stable name is Tom, then I had Sid the lurcher (O El Cid :D) and I named my cob 'Fred Rocket'. When I got him he was named Coco :O
My stepdaughters childhood pony is called Alice and it suits her :)

myfatpony

Visit site
Well I always understood it was 'bad luck' to chage a horse's name, but hey I have been searching for a horse for a long time now and just cannot understand why folk name their horse;
Derrick
Fred
Boris
Tom
Arnold
Sid
or
Nancy
Clare
Jane
Sue
Alice
bla bla bla, cricky, if I bought a horse with anyone of these names or anything along those lines, I would change it and risk the luck bit. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee why do people call horses by human names and imo dreadful names too.

Now shoot me!

I totally aggree!! they are boring names for a horse and show no orginality ( if thats even a word). :p

tinap

Visit site
Magic was mine not the op's lol!!
I like the 'just asked a question'!!

I once registered one with Bsja as 'there's your change' - basically to stick 2 fingers upto a previous owner who was going to have it pts because it was a dodge pot!! They were dead jealous because my girl got it going so well but they still always found fault with it!! Naughty, but it was a giggle!!