HELP ideas needed sorry bit long

baily

Visit site
we have had to send our rising 5yr old off to be rebroken and schooled but last night we were advised to sell her as her behaviour is unpredictable as she will have what is describe as a temper tamtrum and buck and spin and put in a middle sized rear then is ok again but it is getting clearer because of this she is not suitable for my tiny 12yr old.
She was going nicely when we started her and she had even started taking her out about and doing a bit of jumping and dressage she has a lush paces and is really straight in her movement her dad is a top dressage stallion and then she would'nt let us tack her up and got really heady so the dentist came out and found a large lump of wood wedged in her mouth had been there months he reckons it was removed and she had a month off to recover since then she has been awful started throwing her head around and putting in a few bucks and then had a right bronko and we decided then to send her away to a pro..she had had her back checked and her tack its all ok
she is a really nicely breed pony has FEI stamped all over her and is lovely to handle and easy in the stable loves being groomed and tickled has a fantistic jump and not bothered by traffic..but how on earth do you sell a pony who needs to start again and maybe even have time off and be rebroken again next year she would i believe make a super brood mare.. we don't have our own land and have to pay so much livery already to do anything like that with her if we did i would be inclined to turn her out and just let her forget what she has learnt and start again in 6mths..but she is so quick to learn that i also beleive a good jockey could ride this out of her with just patience..she is rideable just hard work..

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Aw hun, it's awful when dreams crumble. You've obviously tried a lot of things with this girly.

How big is she? Can an adult ride her? I'm thinking that she might make a loan horse for someone who likes a challenge; that way you would have longer to make a decision.

This might be a daft question, but have you had the vet out to her for a full work-up?

Taffster

Visit site
How sad, I dont envy you having to make such a decision - I think a temp loan home would be a good suggestion and maybe loan another to keep your daughter ticking over. It will give the pony time to settle (if she is going to) and give you the opportunity to decide what is best for the pony.
Breeding from a stroppy mare isnt a good thing so dont think she'd make a fantastic broodmare, however if this is a coming up to 5's cheeky spring time thing by loaning out you can see if this will be rectified with time

baily

Visit site
she easily carries the lady she has gone to be schooled with who is about 5ft7-8 and weight 9ish stone- my son has ridden her out on hacks and hes 5ft10 and almost 91/2stone but he has his own to do and is just starting exams so can't take her on he also does't feel happy about jumping her...i would be more than happy to loan her out for anything up to a year 18mths as i really am sure she will come around and provide so really good fun for someone..she is lovely in every way except to ride she is not at all stroppy on the ground just has moments ridden..we think the chap who broke her hammered her into the ground then tacked up and rode and that was sold as broken..we had her going lovely its almost a fear thing or a memeroy that her mouth is going to hurt but its just so odd she was fine before the wood was removed...
but how do i go about loaning out a horse that is quirky..

Taffster

Visit site
Some small adults love a challenge and teenagers are the bravest jockeys around and combined with a good looking pony you will have no problems, make sure you cover evey eventuality though if you decide thats what you want to do. It is such a worry especially when they are your pride and joys!

baily

Visit site
well if any small adults or teenagers would like a challange and fancy a lush pony PLEASE pm me.....