HELP!! Knaptoft CIC*/IN/OIU21

worMy

www.katherinebegley.com
Well, basically, we go on holiday mountaineering and mountain biking etc in middle of July for 2 weeks!

And therefore for those two weeks I won’t ride belv, and he will be hacked and being kept/made fitter, but won’t be SJ-ing or dressaging.
I will then have a full week schooling him, and jumping him, and hacking him etc before knaptoft.

I have to do (even though I will be 16) an OIU21 before I can do any intermediates. And knaptoft is the only one I could do this year. and i really wish to do gatcombe int, and aldon.

However, SJ is our weaker phase and I was thinking it would be very irresponsible to do the OIU21 after having only been riding and training with him for a week since being on holiday.

So was thinking of doing CIC*/IN instead (am well established at Nov and have done an IN successfully at chatsworth and will have done another IN by then).
However, that will mean I won’t get my OIU21 qualification for Ints etc, and also a friend has told me that the CIC*/IN/Intermediate SJ there is all very similar....

Any advice/thoughts would be greatly appreciated, as I don’t want to do anything silly/irresponsible..

thanks

AutumnRose

Visit site
I would have thought that if he is fit enough 2 weeks hacking etc whilst your away won't make any difference. You are not going to teach him anything new 3 weeks before an event (by int anyway) that he doesn't already know. You still have a week to school and jump, just to tune up beforehand.....Wouldnt advise it if you were getting back from holiday the day before.

From the sounds of your reports you are very established at Novice, so go for it
smile.gif
smile.gif

cjdjivanovic

Visit site
The Final Trial for Juniors is the OIu21 at Knaptoft, (although anyone can enter) so it may have really stiff SJ, (as the Final Trial at Stockland Lovell did last year - look at the scores). The year before that the Final Trial was an ON so it's impossible to predict; also sj at SL is always big and causes trouble - but just a bit of extra food for thought to confuse you
smile.gif

MillbrookSong

heartbuster.blogspot.com
The novice at Knaptoft is easy!! famous last works they will beef it up ive said that!! Me and soong just tootled round and were wayyyy to fast!! Maybe the CIC* would be a good idea as i wouldnt say it was the best 1st time int

Gamebird

Visit site
The IN show-jumping and the CIC* SJing were very similar last year and jumped fine (I had 1 down in the IN I thnk), the Int XC was meaty enough.

worMy

www.katherinebegley.com
thanks for advice,
well looking at XC pics and from info from a friend who did CIC* last yr and practically walked the INT XC, the xc looks fine for belvs first int.
obv need to decide relative to SJ...