Help leaving the ground in East Angular

xDundryx

Visit site
Hi all I was going to post this in the regional area but there's not much activity going on there!

Looking for a jumping trainer in East Anglia, more showjumping than xc but will merrily dabble at both again! I've 2 ex racehorses, one is young, we've popped a few jumps at home (he's brave, scopey with lovely natural technique) and popped round a couple of courses in a local baby jumping comp so he could see a course and coloured scary things! My other horse is older but green when it comes to jumping as her old owner hacked and did a lot of flatwork. We have an amazing flatwork instructor but she doesn't tend to venture past polework.

I had a little girl a year ago and find my confidence has disappeared a bit over fences especially with young/green horses I want to make sure I'm giving them the best chance possible of clearing things and enjoying it. I'm also pretty rusty jumping as my last horse slowed down in his old age bombing round xc or a speed class went out the window about 3 years ago, he was amazing, a point and shoot type that I never had to worry about spooks or stops.

So for my benefit as much as theirs I'm on the hunt for a trainer, maybe one who is known for working with young inexperienced horses? I have transport so willing to travel as we don't have the best jumps or school!

Please feel free to PM if needed (if there are any to avoid as well!) :)

cundlegreen

Visit site
Claire Gradley. She's on FB. really knows her stuff about distances, and brings on young show jumpers. She was teaching at Boyton Hall, but may be doing it at her own place now.

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk
John Adams and John Bowen are also in that area. Also Fran Berry.

I used to use John Adams, he said that my horse would never jump fillers or jump clear, he was a stopper (Connemara ex Hunt hireling), I gave up jumping having lost all confidence in him ever being consistent. Then Mia saw me messing about in hand with poles and offered to help me, that horse 'who would always be a stopper' is now jumping clear rounds over fillers/planks whatever and really enjoying his job. She helped coach me to have the confidence to give to my horse so that he jumps, she never gave up on him.

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
I used to use John Adams, he said that my horse would never jump fillers or jump clear, he was a stopper (Connemara ex Hunt hireling), I gave up jumping having lost all confidence in him ever being consistent. Then Mia saw me messing about in hand with poles and offered to help me, that horse 'who would always be a stopper' is now jumping clear rounds over fillers/planks whatever and really enjoying his job. She helped coach me to have the confidence to give to my horse so that he jumps, she never gave up on him.

I have pretty much the opposite experience haha in that I found John Adams really good and I very much did not enjoy lessons by Mia!