Help looking for a good yard in Bristol Area

CELINEB

New User
Visit site
hello,

I will move my horse from France to Bristol and I try to have information concerning yard. Could you give me informations on yard in Bristol area; what are the good or bad yard?,...I try to find a yard with full livery.

Thanks in advance for your help

A french horse rider.... Céline

Ezme

Visit site
God everyone seems to be moving to bristol at the moment. Been a few threads and I keep getting asked in the club. It really depends what you want and where, there are alot of good and bad yards about. There are loads north of bristol in south gloucestershire. Sorry can't be more help

pinktiger

Visit site
depends where abouts in bristol and what type of livery your looking for, theres milfort house at langford they have a website i think

old_girl

Visit site

Je parle francais et j'habite à Bristol... tu peux m'envoyer un message privé si tu veux!

Il y a plein de possibilités, mais ca dépend ou exactement à Bristol tu cherches, est-ce que tu as déjà un logement/un emploi?
Ellie

immybrookstud

Visit site
the is ford farm hinton its a dressage yard does diy, part or full. has great faclities inside and outside school lunge school and horse walker. doesnt have winter turnout though only turnout pens

they have a website

dieseldog

Visit site
There are a few around whereabouts in Bristol are you going to live? What do you like doing with your horse?

immybrookstud

Visit site
just thought there is one in wick if you would like a small yard i think there are about 12 stables large outdoor school and all year turnout owner is very nice

cpendle

Visit site

Here is the list of livery yards approved by the British Horse Society in the Bristol area.

Kenn Pier Stables , Kenn Pier Farm, Kenn, Nr Clevedon, North Somerset. BS21 6UD Tel: 01275 872428 www.kpstables.co.uk Key: D

Leyland Court Riding School, Trench Lane, Northwoods, Winterbourne, Bristol, BS17 1RY Tel: 01454 773163 Fax: 01454 773163 www.leylandcourt.com Key: D/F

Oakleaze Farm, Stockwood Lane, Stockwood, Bristol BS14 8NE Tel: 0117 986 4726 www.oakleazefarm.co.uk Key: D

Old Gore Stables, Old Gore House, Emborough, Bath. BA3 4SL Tel: 01761 233476 www.teamedisonfriesians.co.uk Key: D

Roughmoor Stables , Roughmoor, Well Lane, Banwell, North Somerset. BS29 6HU
Tel: 01934 822481 www.roughmoor.co.uk Key: D

Wapley Stables, Wapley Hill, Westerleigh, Bristol. BS37 8RJ Tel: 07940 716001 Key: D

Willbeard Farm Stud, Greenditch Street, Awkley, Pilning, Avon BS35 4HJ. Tel: 01454 631098 or visit: www.willbeardfarmstud.com Key: D/E/F

BHS Approved Riding Schools who also offer livery facilities:

Kingsweston Stables, Kingsweston Road, Bristol, BS11 0UX Tel: 0117 982 8929 Key:A2/C/D email: froggieface@btopenworld.com www.kingswestonstables.com

Oak Tree Equestrian Centre, Norton Lane, Whitchurch, Bristol BS14 0BT Tel: 01275 833222 email: oaktreeec@hotmail.co.uk www.freewebs.com/oaktreeec Key: A2/D

Shepperdine Riding School, Stoneleaze Farm, Shepperdine, Thornbury, Bristol BS35 1RL Tel: 01454 411529 Key: A2/C/D

Urchinwood Manor Equitation Centre, Congresbury BS49 5AP Tel: 01934 833248 Fax: 01934 834683 www.urchinwoodmanor.co.uk Key: A4/C/D/J

Wellow Trekking Centre, Little Horse Croft Farm, Wellow, Bath BA2 8QE Tel: 01225 834376 Key: B/C/D

CELINEB

New User
Visit site
thank you for all these messages. I will work in Airbus in Filton but I don't know yet where I will live. So now it is not very easy to really search a yard but I would like to understand the functionning in UK to begin my research.
In france my horse is on a yard where they clean the box, they give him food and put him on field every day. If he's ill or something else they phone me or contact the vet if I'm not here and give him medecines. I take some lessons too. I would like to find the same kind of livery and would like to have an idea of the price too...

Thank you again for your help and sorry for my English ....

SpottedCat

Visit site
I have sent you a PM - if you are at Airbus you will be likely to be living on the north side of Bristol and any of the yards south of Bristol will be a nightmare to get to after work, which is something to bear in mind.

old_girl

Visit site

hi Celine,

What you need is called 'Full Livery' here. That means that they will muck out the stable, feed, hay, water, turn out in the field and groom for you. Some yards may also ride the horse for you if you need it.

It is quite expensive though, you will be looking at £300 per month probably.

When are you planning to move here?
I will repeat my offer to explain further in french if you need. If you click on my username you can send me a private message.

Ellie