Help magpies and crows stealing ferals food

Finlib

Visit site
My feral cat is fed in a closed barn he often comes in at night (we have tracked him on a wild life infra red camera)We noticed food going during the day so set up the camera and crows and magpies are coming through the cat flap and taking it.We started only putting biscuit down last thing and they are still coming in to take it.I they hop in through the cat flap I never see him he is out and out feral so I can't only put food down when he is about as I do with the other stable cat.Any suggestions s? Can you get bird proof feeders .Tried putting the bowl at the back of a cat carrier but the birds hopped into that .

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
If microchipped you can get a super posh bowl :p.

We stopped leaving food out for our outdoor/yard cat but he would also come to call. He was a bit fussy but wherever it was left the crows just got it.

Finlib

Visit site
The camera caught the birds hoping through after dark!!!!! .If I could catch him I would sort out getting him micro chipped cheaper than feeding the magpies and crows

Clodagh

Visit site
My feral only gets enough food to eat in one sitting. If it wasn't crows (jackdaws eat hers) it would be rats or foxes. She has it down pat now, after many weeks of me calling her while I put the food out she now hangs around the area at suppertime.

Finlib

Visit site
i never see him and can call until the cows come home and he never appears .All I get is my other stable cat who will immediately eat any food put down and my horses who think I am calling them . I have rung again the farm he came from and he definitely hasn't gone back there so I feel I will just have to give up on him and hope he appears near the house when hungry or in winter. Found the remains of rabbits about the place so that could be him. We are remote and the three houses anywhere near us have seen no sign of him either.
pity as I really need a couple more cats.When I got him I had him shut in for 3 months when let out he was around for a few weeks never visible just caught on camera overnight but then just vanished.

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
I give Tabitha about half a pouch of food in the garage, when she comes around asking for it. Sometimes, she'll just look at it, and leave. Sometimes, it's that she wants me to stay near her, standing guard, while she eats.

Other times, doesn't want to eat right away, but wants to know that there's food available. On those days, I leave the food out for her, but if she's not eaten it by the time I want to go to bed, I take her dish and put it at the foot of the tree with the bird-feeder. I don't know if Tabitha eats the food, if another cat eats it, or if hedgehogs and other wildlife get it, but it's gone by morning.