Help me choose..?

YoungEventer

Visit site
Got a free weekend a couple weeks so trying to decide where to compete and struggling to decide, so hoping some of you lovely folk will be able to help!

Would you..
A) Go to a local UA ODE
B) Go UA showjumping at a BS venue

The horse in question is fairly green, I've had her roughly a year and before then all she'd done was hunt over in Ireland. She's phenomenal across country and her flatwork is coming along nicely, the reason for my indecisiveness is due to her needing to improve more showjumping. We had a combined training the weekend just gone and I'm really pleased with how she went as she's definitely improving and after dressage was in the top 5 of quite a big class. Unfortunately in the show-jumping though she decided that she knew best and absolutely stormed round which resulted in 8 faults, as soon as she got into the warm up she grew a hand and I felt like I was sat on a rocket! The faults were right at the start of the course and she improved as we went on though I still felt like I was having to hold her back. Originally I'd planned to go to the ODE but now I'm not sure if taking her pure showjumping would be more beneficial? I'd love to go to the ODE but will be gutted if she does brilliantly Xc & Dr but gets lots of faults Sj, after all it's a lot more expensive!

Apologies for my rambling, in case you haven't already noticed I'm in two minds over what to do!!

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
if it was me and she is green i would go to the showjumping as that is her weakest event..there will be other ode during the year...

Paint it Lucky

Visit site
Agree with the above comment. Do the showjumping for now and get her listening more, otherwise she might think she always does cross country after showjumping so can storm round!

paddi22

Visit site
showjumping. going to the ode will just get mileage on her she doesn't need at the moment. improve her weak areas and then do one later in year