help me find a horse for my son

maggiehorse

Visit site
hi guys
i need a special horse for my son to hack out , and i,m struggling to find one , ideally it would be between 15 and 16 hands aged 6 to 10 and capable of carrying 14 stone
my son is autistic and only rides acconpanied by me , he rides really very well but cant cope with bucking or rearing as he has had major spinal surgery and falling off is a no no
i dont mind what colour or breed , just a safe happy hacker , please find me one guys , hes getting impatient
cool.gif

p.s i,m in mid cornwall and have a reasonable budget

PeterNatt

s68.photobucket.com
Why not advertise for one by sticking up notices in your local tack shop/feed merchants/livery yards describing exactly what you want. Also ask local vets, farriers and riding instructors.

If you want a nice bombproof/spookproof sturdy weight carrier then why not try a clydesdale/shire/cart horse type. They can prove to be very safe forms of coneyances and are nice and safe to handle.

gigs

Visit site
Contact youe local RDA they may well know of a suitable horse one that has the right temprement . Good luck with your search .

maggiehorse

Visit site
i quite like that mare but am bit leery of going to a dealers , i prefer to buy privatly or from sales , and wiltshires a fair whack from here, i may go up to exeter sales next week and take a looksee

dixie

Visit site
Have you tried Tregurtha Stud? I know you're wary of dealers but Emma 9?) seemed very upfront when I spoke to her and saw some horses & wasn't pushy at all.

www.tregurtha.co.uk

hollyandivy123

Visit site
hi just posted the mare as a suggestion of whats out there i don't know these dealers but after seeing some private sellers i know that they can be just as bad as some dodgy dealers

another is if you are not to worried about age, contact the local pony club there might know of a horse/pony that is is need of a quite life