Help me find a riding hat!

Ginn

Visit site
Riding under that funny warm yellow thing in the sky today reminded me that before the warmer weather set in this year I really do need to invest in a lightweight ventilated hat...

My current hat is a Gatehouse skull (HS1 I think - it has a leather harness??) and it fits perfectly. I therefore thought the Gatehouse Conquest would do the job... Nope! Ridiculously perched and unstable!! Likewise with the champion ventair (my velvet is a champion)... Infact last summer I tried on ventilated hats from all the big brands and had the same issue - none of them were deep enough, perched on my head and wobbled about no matter how tight! Size wise I'm the largest child's/smallest adults (54 irrc?) but have quite a deep head...

The exception was the PROtector hat which fitted perfectly and felt lush but I just cannot justify that sort of money at the mo just to avoid a sweaty head!

Any suggestions???? Ideally want one that is smart enough for dressage with a peak rather than another skull...

Ginn

Visit site
Thanks... Don't like the leather look of the Caldene unfortunately and the non leather version is only available in black (probably should have said I wanted navy!), would need to try the champion on but their ventair was way to perched, wobbled ridiculously even when completely tight and came no where near fitting so not sure this new one would fit but will deffo hunt one out to try!

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
The Champion Airtech is deeper than some ventilated hats and would be worth a shout. Tried one today and more oval than ventair. Lovely colours as well with the gun metal grey and navy being my favourites.

Dowjones

Visit site
OH has the Champion Air Tech and loves it, he had the ventair and didnt find it as comfy or as ventilated as the air tech. I have the ventair and also a GPA, which I find comfy and light for the summer.

Ginn

Visit site
Will try to find somewhere with a uvex to try too then (BD winters maybe???) although at £170 I'd probably revisit the PROtector as pretty £££ when I have 2 hats that fit perfectly well!!

Lec - where did you try the air tech if you don't mind me asking? I can only find black online and would want to try one so would be interested to know...

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
At BETA the other colours are being launched in April. Same design as black but will come in purple, gun metal grey or navy.

Ginn

Visit site
Uvex and LAS are pretty pricey and if going down that route would probably go back to PROtector...

Lec - that's great! If they fit then it might just be perfect. I wonder if they'll be out to try at the BD Winters??

Sportsman - tried the Ayr8 last summer and it just didn't fit! I think I must have an odd shaped head as I have always found finding hats that fit really well and comfortably a nightmare...