Help me find this ISH !!

Kizi_Wizz

Visit site
Hello ,

Im looking for some information on one of my horses. His passport doesnt tell me a huge amount and i have found out a bit online about him. I would really like to find out where he was bred as hes the best horse i have ever owned!!! Then i can buy another one lol. Also if he has sired at all.

2002 GREY IRISH DRAUGHT STALLION

Sire = CARRABAWN VIEW RID (751) - 1982 Roan Irish Draught Stallion
Mountain View x Sea View Lass
Dam = WESTFIELD CLOVER (RID 12160) - 1997 Bay Irish Draught Mare (NDP Premier Mare)
Clover Hill x Westfield Lass

HE WAS PRESENTED TO CREAGH EQUESTRIAN CENTRE 5 March 2006 STALLION ASSESSMENTS BUT I CANT FIND ANY RESULTS.

Any info would be great or any pointers on where to look.

Thanks lots!!! xxx

wigum

Visit site
We once had a great mare by carrabawn view out of a Lord Gayle mare. She was absolutely brilliant, we sold her to Francis Connors as a 4 year old and she was sold later to england, I couldn't rate her highly enough. great temp, great jump, great conformation.

LadyRascasse

Visit site
S1 Section /Supplementary 1
Stallions which do not qualify for fully approved status on inspection may achieve "Section/Supplementary 1" stallion status provided that they have: -

established studbook pedigree,
passed an official veterinary examination

mon

Visit site
Can I hijack this thread and does anyone know anything about my mare born 2005 bred by Goergina O'Shea Co Limerick sire golden bash dam lucys birdie, thanks

Kizi_Wizz

Visit site
Ahh so can a s1 stallion be allowed to breed with other ish horses and they be registered.
Also what sort of things would have caused him not to get fully approved??

Thanks guys!! X

Violet

Visit site
Can I hijack this thread and does anyone know anything about my mare born 2005 bred by Goergina O'Shea Co Limerick sire golden bash dam lucys birdie, thanks

372414004461908 Chestnut Filly born 5 March 2005,By Golden Bash (TB) Ex Lucys Birdie (ISH) by Able Albert (TB) Ex Ringwood Highlight (ISH) by King of Diamonds (RID), Breeder Georgina O'Shea.

mon

Visit site
i know that got passport! and that horse in stable at moment any info on her breeding shes about 16.3 just starting to grow up but very stylish, where do you go for that info as i am a dunce!

Irishlife

Visit site
Ahh so can a s1 stallion be allowed to breed with other ish horses and they be registered.
Also what sort of things would have caused him not to get fully approved??

Thanks guys!! X

Usually conformation, movement, not conforming to breed standards or not attaining the performance criteria of SJ, Eventing or Dressage Points. Also if he was inspected at three, likely he was given S1 pending his performance results, usually they will be campaigned as four year olds and then re-presented for inspection to upgrade to Approved.

However, since last year the category has changed and now he would be graded "not recommended for breeding". The inspection process has now changed to a model similar to KWPN for all Irish horses to include linear scoring, movement on the triangle , loose paces and jumping (even for RIDs), pedigree, type conformation and everything in between. Very few horses were approved in the inaugral inspections so it will be interesting to see how the new system pans out.

Yes, as S1 he would have been eligible to breed and his offspring would be eligible for registration albeit only S1 or possibly S2 depending on mare, they would never be main studbook though, only supplementary although depending on mare could go into section B of main book.

Last edited:

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
i know that got passport! and that horse in stable at moment any info on her breeding shes about 16.3 just starting to grow up but very stylish, where do you go for that info as i am a dunce!

Well you can always contact her breeder. In 2007 (17 Mar) the mare had a bay filly by Derg Cruise same breeder Georgina O’Shea, Ballyadam, Askeaton, Co Limerick. If you are after info on her since then well what is her name?

There is photo & breeding info on your mares sire
http://www.sporthorse-data.com/d?z=P9Dllt&d=Golden+Bash+&x=22&y=9

If you do a search on the same database you will find info on the dam otherwise see this link
http://www.irishsporthorse.com/_fil...006Part3_aa985d25ac650c8e4ece70a1f3bd7140.pdf

Last edited:

barnahown gem

New User
Visit site
Well you can always contact her breeder. In 2007 (17 Mar) the mare had a bay filly by Derg Cruise same breeder Georgina O’Shea, Ballyadam, Askeaton, Co Limerick.

Hi!
I just bougt a ISH, and am trying to find some information about him.
He was bougt on an auction in Ireland about a year ago,and the owners never sent his full papers if I understood the story.
Anyway his father is supposed to be Derg Cruise, and I cant find anything on him. So if anyone knows anything,please let me know ;)

Thank you!

Simsar

Visit site
Hello and welcome barnahown gem, Derg cuise is down as standing here

Deelside Stud, Aghalacka, Askeaton, Ireland

If you go onto directoryoftheturf.com it has there phone number, maybe you could contact them for info?

Also there is info on his breeding and 1 of his progeny on this link
http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/derg+cruise

Hope this helps :)

Kizi_Wizz

Visit site
hi, i know im joining a little late but i was delighted to see mention of sammy! i rode him for 3yrs in ireland. pm me and ill tell you what i know about him!

Ahh thats great!! I have pmed you. I had written this tread off as nothing had turned up for a while! My friend mentioned your post to me today! Its funny as its the same day had the dentist said "oh is that sammy, i know him!" lol but turns out he only knew him from when he was for sale in the uk.

I hope your online soon!!!! hehe
x