Help me name my new boy?

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
Hi, I have been a bit of a lurker recently, but I am in need if some HHO help with picking a name for my new boy! He is a 4yo Connemara, dark grey with a huge mane. I will try to get a photo later! His name is Smoke on his passport, but i want something a bit more majestic or fancier, that is not a pita to shout up the field. So far he was being called Heathcliff, but its a mouthful and doesnt have the best connotations.. or Tarquin was possible. Any suggestions much appreciated! Thanks :)

Llee94

Visit site
My baby is called Woggy so I am probably not the best person to advise on name choices!
I have always loved Archie or Alfie for a horse (I was so annoyed that they didn't suit my boy) but I do think they are quite common.

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
Ooh I love some of these ! Have tried calling him various things today and none are sticking, might end up with a few name at his rate.. I will have to make a list. I'm back on the computer so here are a couple of photos from yesterday to help :) Seriously excited about this one! Can't wait to get him ready to compete, only just broken so lots of work to do yet, taking it slow and steady.

14225511_1043619885755603_6499888711083335245_n.jpg

14222168_10209441363766667_131710918780982604_n.jpg

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
What a handsome chap ---Loki---Smokey Loki--(ive got a bit of a Tom Hiddleston (sp?) thing at the moment)..or Solo. Whatever you choose he s gonna turn heads!

chillipup

Visit site
I've now decided that if he were mine I'd call him Bubbaboy and snog him at any given opportunity, whether he liked it or not coz he looks scrummy! :eek:

PS is it against the law to snog horses these days?

Annagain

Visit site
I really like 'comedy' human names for animals, the sort that never get used any more. (My next boy WILL be Malcolm and my next girl will be Vera). He is way too pretty for those though. He reminds me of a pony a friend's daughter had called Wizard or Wizzy. I think that might suit him, or Sprite also sprang to mind. I have no idea why!

Mrs B

Visit site
He's lovely!

There are 3 semi-precious pearly-grey stones called Grey Moonstone, Grey Star Sapphire and then a lighter, almost white one; Rainbow Moonstone ...

Just an idea :)

Last edited:

VikingSong

Visit site
Fawkes is brilliant.

I like "Fox" for geldings, but that name suits bays more than greys. What about "Lancelot" (you could call him "Lance" for short) or "Misty?" I adore the name "River Song." I think it would really suit a dapple grey.

Just edited to add "Sixpence." It just popped in my head now as I was making myself a cup of tea.

Edited again to add "Moonshine."

Last edited: