Help me shop breeches? (Please)

SOS

Visit site
Finally allowing myself to invest in some new breeches as many of mine are sporting holes in the knees (and crotch :eek:) - looking for something durable, fits well and is under £80 per pair. If anyone has any recommendations for great brands I would be very grateful.

I am ideally looking for:

Breeches/Jodphurs of denim style full seat breeches, if in the price range possibly waterproof ones? Cant remember the company that is at horse trials promoting water proof riding denim.

Breeches for competitions that are light cream and not full seat (not white as I have a tendency to get ketchup on them!), don't want to spend too much on these as already have a nice beige pair.

Breeches/Jodphurs for at home use that are full seat - would love a forest green pair but cannot find any!

If you have a reliable pair that you think would suit please let me know as I am struggling to find anything right now!

Thanks! :)

pottypony1

Visit site
I love my Hyperfomance jods for everyday, about £20 a pair and sooo comfy!! And I have Tredstep breeches as my competition ones... bit more pricey but very smart and fab quality! Also mine were waterproof/stainproof when I got them but have since lost that.. hopefully a way I can restore it!

Cowpony

Visit site
I love Rugged - about £68, very comfortable and fit well. Last for years. I've got 3 pairs at the moment :)

SOS

Visit site
Having a look at these now, I like the HY ones and they are really cheap! Thanks for the advise. :)

SOS

Visit site
Never heard of these so will check them out, thanks! Are they quite true to size?

*** Sorry doing this on a mobile and they were meant to be individual replies, will avoid double posting in the future ***

Myloubylou

Visit site
I got my Dublin warm it breeches for great price. They are a olive green & have silicon full seat. Very comfy as pull on style & feel nice & secure in the saddle. Also got noble outfitters riding tights, also comfy & only problem is horseflies can bite through them ��

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Montar breeches look nice but have a look at hope valley as they sell them much cheaper :D

I have to say my Montar breeches have not worn that well, as the material has bobbled with washing. However they are super comfy and very reasonably priced from Hope Valley, who are always a pleasure to deal with :).

AFB

Visit site
I have a pair of Ariats from EC that are a beautiful fit and full seat, they were £50 IIRC

Destario

Visit site
My mark todd linen full suede seat are fab. I got them in the sale at £60 I think. Also surprisingly good are hactac full seat, needed to go up a size though as there wasn't enough over the knee to ride in! Luckily they are a smart grey so I just wear them out and not on horses. Also generally always on offer somewhere as they are hactac.

AFB

Visit site
My mark todd linen full suede seat are fab. I got them in the sale at £60 I think. Also surprisingly good are hactac full seat, needed to go up a size though as there wasn't enough over the knee to ride in! Luckily they are a smart grey so I just wear them out and not on horses. Also generally always on offer somewhere as they are hactac.

Another vote for MT too - I have a pair that were my show breeches (not the linen but full seat) but don't wear canary anymore so they've been forgotten. They are super comfy and lovely quality but very high waisted so down to personal preference here.

taraj

Visit site
i love my eque -tech denim breeches, not waterproof though. The Aldi ones are great too but cant get them anymore.
Has anyone tried the breeches from Kramer? some of them look nice.

SOS

Visit site
Thanks for all the suggestions, checking all these out right now.

I have a pair of noble outfitters balance riding tight and they are fab although find them a little slippy to ride in at times. I also have a pair of Mark Todd breeches which I adore but struggle to find them online?

Is Hope Valley good to order from?

Pie's mum

Visit site
I love Hope Valley - never had a bad experience with them. I got some montar breeches which I love from them. I wouldn't have paid full price but at £30 a pair I think they were a great bargain!