Help me sis Munners with her confidence worry over hacking out!

skydancer

Visit site
Hi i have also lost my confidence after a fall so much so that when i had a lesson on a school horse i cried i was that scared - although dont tell anyone;) now i have to get my confidence on myown horse again but the thought of hacking on my own makes me feel sick - i dont intend to rush into it i will do it at my own pace and remember its a fact that in the horsey world many people(not all) know everything and really know nothing!! Good luck hun i am sending confidence vibes:):)

Pebbles

Visit site
Hi i have also lost my confidence after a fall so much so that when i had a lesson on a school horse i cried i was that scared - although dont tell anyone;) now i have to get my confidence on myown horse again but the thought of hacking on my own makes me feel sick - i dont intend to rush into it i will do it at my own pace and remember its a fact that in the horsey world many people(not all) know everything and really know nothing!! Good luck hun i am sending confidence vibes:):)

Oh God poor you, that's going to be me too, my already fragile confidence now remains to be well and truly tested shortly after a horrid fall which has taken me to date 9 weeks to recover from. Hope to be fit enough to get back on soon and just hope I can and feel happy enough to do so but not sure when I will be brave enough to hack out again. Have tgo continue my search for a new horse which is daunting enough without the recent fall to get over so my sympathies to all of you who know what it is to feel the fear but persevere, that takes the most bravery. Good luck and good vibes to all, and I agree all in our own time!

shorexhorse

Visit site
Wonderful support of a lovely sister and other people on this thread. Building up and taking it slow is fine and I'm sure you will get there in the end - take it slow and steady instead of trying to rush ahead and coming to a setback.

The only time you'll really have a problem is if you dont ever WANT to ride your horse out, because thats half the battle. But I'm confident you'll get there and wish you all the best :D