Help me to decide what colour/design to re-spray my horse box…

Muddyboots

Visit site
Help me to decide what colour/design to re-spray my horse box…

It is having some work done to it so will be a couple of weeks before I need to decide. We are doing it on a budget so didn't want to have to pay an extra £500 plus for transfers, so it needs to be a simple design that can be done free hand. I like the idea of a steal grey or a Cadburys purple. It was red and yellow before which I hated so want to avoid these two colours! I was looking at some that were just simply one colour which I thought looked effective. Lets have your ideas and show us your pictures…..

Spottyappy

Visit site
If you go to my profile,and albums theres my old box in a solid colour,with stickers on it. This my give you an idea of what you can do. Yellow is my fave colour,and I miss it no end. You never any problems finding it in the lorry park either!

Coop

Visit site
Non metallic dark blue with gold or silver stickers? You can buy cheap stickers/graphics off ebay for lorries :) Blue always looks smart and takes ages to fade. I would say that though as I'm on the second blue one! I wanted red this time but nooooo! ;)

Louby

Visit site
Although dark colours look lovely, especially metallic ones, I think they show the scratches from trees etc up more than a lighter colour. To keep costs down I went for a non metallic colour, that looked like silver on the swatch on my first wagon and that was a massive mistake as it ended up a pale grey colour, it was soooooo dull and boring.

Coop

Visit site
Although dark colours look lovely, especially metallic ones, I think they show the scratches from trees etc up more than a lighter colour. To keep costs down I went for a non metallic colour, that looked like silver on the swatch on my first wagon and that was a massive mistake as it ended up a pale grey colour, it was soooooo dull and boring.

Defo agree, we have to polish ours quite a bit depending whos been driving :eek:.

The one I have now is a dark blue metallic, ford racing blue and scratches show, the one we had b4 was dark but not quite navy and it did not show as much. It was the same colour as hammerite dark blue, which came in handy for touching up.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Having had a variety of colours over the years, my current one was chosen to be grey - a bit 'battleship grey' :D
It blends in at the yard, so doesnt attract unwanted attention, it definately doesnt show dirt either & to jazz it up will only need silver metallic stripes or logo (like the current horses one on the front).

The best combi I had was on the Atego - I had it metallic silver with dark metallic grey striping - done about 6 months before McLaren adopted it as their livery for the race trucks etc :)

CBS1

Visit site
Hi, lurked for ages and didn't get round to posting.... Eek

If you go for metallic you'll pay more anyway for a coat of clear lacquer on top, unless you are doing it yourself or someone is doing you a favour. Like has already been said it will show scratches too and be more expensive to touch up.

I love the ford focus orange atm and if I was ever in a position to buy another horse and a box too that'd be my colour with some nice black graphics.

If you go for a dark colour you could possibly get nice cheap chrome/silver graphics online, that'd look nice.

Can't believe My first post is about paint lol... OH is a painter.