Help me with spooking!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
A while back a friend made a fake jockey with a big Teddy bear with stuffed legs attached, she left it sitting on a chair outside the school and my horse wouldn't go near it I had to ask someone to move it ?

NikkiQ

Visit site
Persuaded my OH to come and stand in the school today while I rode. He was just on his phone, not interacting with us (we've been married a while) and the mare was totally chilled. She was so nice to ride and we were able to work on stuff rather than backing off and then running away which is her usual pattern. Will try the same tomorrow, then need a plan to get her to feel like that without a safety blanket!
It’s possible she may get more comfortable in there over time until you don’t need the OH. I don’t know what your yard situation is and I’m sure you have thought of it already but sharing the school with another rider often helps, too. I would never punish a horse for being worried, especially with no friends around, much better for all concerned if you work on earning their trust. x