help my horse walks so slow..

joneal

Visit site
has anyone got any tips on getting him to walk faster it doesnt matter if hes in front or behind hes quite happy to plod along and let the other horses go off..

thanks..x

Arizahn

Visit site
I wish that I had that problem...this is the sort of horse that I will need to look for once Hippo has gone to her new home:(And they are like hen's teeth over here, or so it would seem!

Good luck with him, OP. Hope you get sorted soon.

Littlelegs

Visit site
Trying to improve the walk, in walk is more difficult than any other pace, & often results in making it worse. The trick is to go for quality not quantity. So you trot, ride a nice forwards transistion into walk for a few strides & back to trot again, never walking for long enough to lose the quality. And gradually increase the number of walk strides. If he knows reinback, walking on for a few strides after will also help. It's really just lots of transistions, rather than working on the walk itself.

cowboylover

Visit site
Is he usually a little lazy?

The cob I ride like to just stroll sometimes so schooling to get him responsive helps lots with plenty of transitions with halt trot ect

joneal

Visit site
he 5 years old trot and canter we have no problem hes only hacking at the mow but will be starting schooling/lesson very soon.