help needed asap - uni personal statment

samsaccount

Visit site
i am applying for an equine science course and i know what sort of things i would like to include in my personal statment but i cannot find it in me to start it, i have writers block, does anyone have any suggestions on how to start it off?

help is greatly needed and appriciated

thank you

MillionDollar

Visit site
For your first few sentences you need something catchy and that will stick in the person who reads it mind. I think mine was something like...

It has been a dream for me to work with horses for many years now, which is why I would like to study a BA Equine and Business Management degree. I am dedicated, motivated and foccused........blah blah blah, you get the picture .

I can't remember mine very well, and i knnow it is very cheesy
blush.gif
tongue.gif
but it sticks in their mind and got me where i wanted!

Hope this helps
grin.gif

WishfulThinker

Just up from that street on the right.....
Visit site
Try and avoid too much cheese, lol, sorry I work in a uni admissions dept, and some of what people write can be soo funny (like maths applicants babbling on about geography etc..........relevant not!)

Try and maybe find something relevant to the advancement of something within the equine world, like hoof structure, immune system responces, ligaments, nutrition etc. But try and link it a bit to an area u are interested in. Also bring in your equine experience to date.

Do u have course descriptions from the unis u are applying to?

I am not exactly sure how decisions are made at english unis, but where I work the science courses have one selector who makes decisions based on marks etc........and he is a computing science lecturer!!

But good luck to you, and dont panic!!