Help Needed!! :D

Amy567

Visit site
As you may have seen before, I'm doing a research project on injuries in equestrian backgrounds. Any injury will do! You must be 18 and above, so any involvement will be really appreciated :) This time I'm going to put the questionnaire on here :) So if you could pm me or just post on here the answers. And If you could also give it to any men you know that would do it, that would be much appreciated as I'm low on men! lol, though women can still take part :)

Please take a few minutes to fill out this Questionnaire on injuries in equestrian sports.

1. How old are you, in full years? (write in box)

2. What is your gender? (tick box)

Female / Male

3. Do you ride recreationally (hobby) or professionally (job)? (tick box)

Recreationally / Professionally

4. How many hours per week, on average, do you ride? (write in box)

a. Have you ever incurred a head or spinal injury around horses? (tick box)

Yes / No

b. At the time of the injury, were you wearing a suitable riding hat? (tick box)

Yes/ No

c. At the time of injury, were you mounted (on the horse) or on the ground? (tick box)

Mounted /On the ground/ Both

a. Have you ever incurred any other injuries around horses? (tick box)

Yes / No

b. At the time of the injury, were you mounted (on the horse) or on the ground? (tick box)

Mounted / On the ground/ Both

7. “Most head and spinal injuries happen to recreational riders.” Rate how much you agree or disagree with this statement. (tick one box)

Strongly Agree

Agree

Neither agree nor disagree

Disagree

Strongly disagree
8. A
a. After your injury did you have any treatments? (please tick)

Yes /No

b. If so, what treatments did you receive? (write below)

9. “Most head or spinal injuries occur whilst wearing a suitable helmet.” Rate how much you agree with this statement. (tick one box)

Strongly agree

Agree

Disagree

Strongly disagree

10. “Most Injuries to the extremities (arms and legs) occur in a Professional setting.” Please rate how much you agree or disagree with this statement. (tick one box)

Strongly agree

Agree

Disagree

Strongly disagree

Thank you.

KSR

Visit site
As you may have seen before, I'm doing a research project on injuries in equestrian backgrounds. Any injury will do! You must be 18 and above, so any involvement will be really appreciated This time I'm going to put the questionnaire on here So if you could pm me or just post on here the answers. And If you could also give it to any men you know that would do it, that would be much appreciated as I'm low on men! lol, though women can still take part

Please take a few minutes to fill out this Questionnaire on injuries in equestrian sports.

Female

Recreationally

10 ish usually

No.. Hurt my back but no CNS injuries

b. At the time of the injury, were you wearing a suitable riding hat? (tick box)

Yes

c. At the time of injury, were you mounted (on the horse) or on the ground? (tick box)

Both

Yes

b. At the time of the injury, were you mounted (on the horse) or on the ground? (tick box)

Both

7. “Most head and spinal injuries happen to recreational riders.” Rate how much you agree or disagree with this statement. (tick one box)

8. A

Yes

From what i can remember, the more significant ones include: I have had chest X-rays for lung damage coming off a freak pole accident, multiple surgeries on my hand, GA for shattered humerus and simultaneous dislocation of the same shoulder showjumping, permanent nerve damage and hospital visit for tearing ligaments and tendons in ankle coming off bareback.. And had treatment for almost taking the tip of my finger off feeding a horse when I was about 7 :D

Everything else I self treat and self medicate.. I carry stitches, surgical equipment and other stuff round for my job..

9. “Most head or spinal injuries occur whilst wearing a suitable helmet.” Rate how much you agree with this statement. (tick one box)

10. “Most Injuries to the extremities (arms and legs) occur in a Professional setting.” Please rate how much you agree or disagree with this statement. (tick one box)

Disagree

Thank you.

Kat

Visit site
Here you go:

As you may have seen before, I'm doing a research project on injuries in equestrian backgrounds. Any injury will do! You must be 18 and above, so any involvement will be really appreciated :) This time I'm going to put the questionnaire on here :) So if you could pm me or just post on here the answers. And If you could also give it to any men you know that would do it, that would be much appreciated as I'm low on men! lol, though women can still take part :)

1. How old are you, in full years? (write in box)33

Female

Recreationally

No

n/a

N/A

Yes

Mounted

Strongly Agree

Agree

Disagree

Strongly disagree
8. A

Yes

I have had x-rays on my arm/shoulder/collar bone and then treatment in the fracture clinic. I have also had x-rays to my pelvis on one occasion and, my ankle and ribs on another occasion followed by treatment with painkillers, anti-inflamatories and in the case of the ankle a tubigrip. They are the only injuries I have sought medical attention for.

Strongly agree

Agree

Disagree

Strongly disagree

Strongly agree

Agree

Disagree
Strongly disagree

Thank you.

Just to clarify I have answered based on my more significant injuries, I have had injuries which don't require treatment too. I have also had some unmounted injuries but I would consider these insignificant and would be bruising or grazes.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
As you may have seen before, I'm doing a research project on injuries in equestrian backgrounds. Any injury will do! You must be 18 and above, so any involvement will be really appreciated This time I'm going to put the questionnaire on here So if you could pm me or just post on here the answers. And If you could also give it to any men you know that would do it, that would be much appreciated as I'm low on men! lol, though women can still take part

Female

Previously worked with horses (BHSAI) now recreationally.

Varies depending on my days off. This week 14 as home, last week 3!

No thankfully.

Yes.

On the ground.

8. A

Yes

Shoulder stabilisation operation

Disagree

Thank you.

You're welcome!

Amy567

Visit site
Thank you, that's fine with the less significant injuries... I went through a phase where I injured myself every day, but the were mainly grazes haha, we get a lot of injuries in our hobby! haha

Botters

Visit site
1. How old are you, in full years? 28

2. What is your gender? Female

3. Do you ride recreationally (hobby) or professionally (job)? Recreationally

4. How many hours per week, on average, do you ride? 5

a. Have you ever incurred a head or spinal injury around horses?
Yes

b. At the time of the injury, were you wearing a suitable riding hat?
Yes

c. At the time of injury, were you mounted (on the horse) or on the ground?

Mounted

a. Have you ever incurred any other injuries around horses?

Yes

b. At the time of the injury, were you mounted (on the horse) or on the ground?
Both

7. “Most head and spinal injuries happen to recreational riders.” Rate how much you agree or disagree with this statement.

8. A
a. After your injury did you have any treatments?
Yes

b. If so, what treatments did you receive? immobile for 10 days, medication, chiropractic and physio (ongoing for 7 years)

9. “Most head or spinal injuries occur whilst wearing a suitable helmet.” Rate how much you agree with this statement.

Agree

10. “Most Injuries to the extremities (arms and legs) occur in a Professional setting.” Please rate how much you agree or disagree with this statement.

Agree

LouS

Visit site

22 years

Female

Recreationally / Professionally
bit of both really.

Anything from 6 to 25 +

Yes

Yes

On the ground

Yes

On the ground

Agree

8. A

Yes

on crutches and treated with antibiotics etc after horse crushed my foot.

Agree

Disagree

Thank you.

Done

azouria

Visit site

Female / Male

Recreationally

5 hours

No

n/a

n/a

Yes

Mounted

Disagree

8. A

Yes

Ultrasound scan, MRI scan, physiotherapy.

Strongly disagree

Disagree

All done :)

LaurenBay

Visit site

Female

Recreationally

Yes

Yes

Mounted

Yes

Both

8. A

Yes

Zrays and medication. Neck brace and Pysio.

Disagree

Thank you.

Amy567

Visit site
3 more :) preferably men.... 22 women out of 25 questionnaires, not representing the population really :p