Help needed exercising my horses...

MissGee

Visit site
I really need some help keeping my 4 competition horses fit, kind of on a part loan basis but someone who is happy to jump on any of them.

My problem is I'm having a nightmare with time wasters....:mad: I know I'm obviously biased becuase I think my horses are amazing :D but to be honest I feel it's quite a good opportunity for someone to ride some top quality horses and have the chance to get out and about on the circuit (we jump affiliated).

Am I just old... but I would have jumped at this sort of opportunity when I was younger... :confused:

gembear

Visit site
I really need some help keeping my 4 competition horses fit, kind of on a part loan basis but someone who is happy to jump on any of them.

My problem is I'm having a nightmare with time wasters....:mad: I know I'm obviously biased becuase I think my horses are amazing :D but to be honest I feel it's quite a good opportunity for someone to ride some top quality horses and have the chance to get out and about on the circuit (we jump affiliated).

Am I just old... but I would have jumped at this sort of opportunity when I was younger... :confused:

i feel your pain.
i'm trying to find a part loan at the moment, but from the other side. owners keep cancelling with me at the last minute or don't respond with an address or time after we've agreed on a day.

i don't understand it :S
i don't live where you are though, otherwise i'd snap up your offer :)

petsywetsy

Visit site
Same problem here. Gorgeous, well-schooled,successful Connie for dressage and showing....but no rider.

Near Slough and plenty of horsey people in the area, but can't find anyone. Amazing....when I was young, I would have been over the moon at such a great opportunity.

CalllyH

Visit site
I wouldn't be at competing level but if your south notts I might be able to help some how, im looking for something near me say two nights a week.

SuperH

Visit site
I can sympathise.

I've been searching since Feb for someone to ride my Ds with me, with chance to do local shows, fun rides etc so not as high a level as you are giving the opportunity to do but still I would have thought there would be loads of people wanting to do some riding.

I've had a right load of numpties. People turning up in sandals or ugg boots, ones who have only ever ridden in a school, ones that you speak to for days and then they suddenly decide I'm too far away despite location being listed on the advert, not to mention all the ones that arrange to come and never turn up.

PaddyMonty

Visit site
Doubt it, I'm probably older than you and just started looking again for just what you are offering.
Now retired from competing and spend a lot of my free time sailing but want to find someone who needs help exercising or schooling horses perhaps a couple of times per week. I did try to stop riding but OH and daughter keep draging me down the yard to teach/help them so still have to be around horses. If I have to be around them then I'd like to ride as well. OH and daughters horses are both too small for me hence the search.
Placed a couple of adverts but not had any interest yet.

MissGee

Visit site
I'm in Notts, NG16

It's just a nightmare, got a couple of adverts out there but people either can't ride or they want me to pay them... I mean, back in my day :eek: you had to pay for the privilage of riding someone elses horse....

Then the other day I found a wanted advert, a young girl who drives looking for a horse to part loan or just generally help exercise more than one. Well I thought that sounded perfect and contacted her to be met with a reply of "can I think about it as not sure if I have time now it's summer..."" WTF?! :confused: Why post a "wanted" advert only 6 days before if you don't have the time..!!

Seriously frustrated.com!! :mad:

CalllyH

Visit site
Ahh sadly north notts is too far away

I have the opposite problem, people advertise horses and they definatley are not what they advertise them as! Normally part share turns into everyday when a full time groom who will pay or the privilege would be more accurate!

MissGee

Visit site
Ah that's a shame :-(

I'm certainly not looking for an unpaid groom... just someone that will come a couple of times a week and come for a nice hack out ;-)

MissGee

Visit site
Thanks for all your advice, help and support!

Luckily, thanks to this thread, I have now found a super duper lovely person to help me out :) :)

you know who you are ;)

RFido

Visit site
Seems I spoke too soon :( :( :(

Really surprised you can't find someone to help you out in our area! (Im also from NG16). There are lots of horsey people around! Unfortunately though, I experienced the same kinda problems when I waslooking for someone to ride my little Welsh lad, and then when I put him out on loan to someone (because it was too far for them to travel a few days a week - about 4 miles, really?!?) he came back amaciated and with worms :(
It's such a shame I didnt see your advert earlier, I just bought myself a big 16.1HH boy. My younger cousin who has been riding my little Welsh is now looking for something to ride, but she is only 11 and used to a little 12HH Welsh, so doubt she will be much help to you :p
Such a shame we are looking for something, and so close to one another, but can't help each other out! I think they call it 'Sods Law'? x

ilvpippa

Visit site
I'm near Loughborough & potentially for the right capable person looking for someone to share my mare... Chance to compete too :) pm me for more details :)

case895

Visit site
I am near you (Ripley) and have friends helping keep my two lads fit at the moment as I am off for several weeks with spinal fractures. They are getting ridden more at the moment than I manage when I am fit!

SusieT

Visit site
depends- you see you are actually looking for someone to conform to your desires and probably do more work/time than a an average sharer so not sure why you think you shouldn't pay for this?

Jkh85

New User
Visit site
I don't know where to start... Can anyone help... Im also looking for someone to help exercise my 13.2 chunky gypsy cob. He was broken a couple of years ago, but I've not had chance to continue his training! I'm a single mummy, who works! I have another horse and a Shetland pony, but they are happily taking life easy now. However the cob needs working! I'm too attached to get rid of him and hope to have more time in future to ride more myself, but just need someone temporarily to help a little. Where do I start?! I'm in Melton Mowbray area. Anyone know of anyone?! Thank you. Sorry to post on your page! X

MissGee

Visit site
depends- you see you are actually looking for someone to conform to your desires and probably do more work/time than a an average sharer so not sure why you think you shouldn't pay for this?
I'm a little confused by this... I wasn't asking anyone to come and "work". I was offering free riding..?!

MissGee

Visit site
It's kinda irrelevant now as this post is so old... But no actually I just wanted someone to come and help exercise, no strings... Like I said in my first post, I'd have jumped at the chance when I was younger. ;-)

Tiffany

Visit site
It's kinda irrelevant now as this post is so old... But no actually I just wanted someone to come and help exercise, no strings... Like I said in my first post, I'd have jumped at the chance when I was younger. ;-)

I'd jump at the chance if I was anywhere near you