help needed now - selling pony tonight!!

SpruceRI

Visit site
Special Presentations at Banks are also a waste of time as far as I'm concerned. 12 yrs ago I worked in a Bank and we charged £12 to Specially Present a cheque.

For that, we would send the cheque by guaranteed Next Day delivery, and then have to ring the drawee Bank before 12pm the next working day to check funds.

The receiving Bank would check the customers account, confirm that they had available funds, and then debit those funds from the account and tell us the cheque had been Paid.

We would then go back to the person who had paid the cheque in and tell them, that yes, the funds were guaranteed. It would still take 3 working days for the funds to reach their account, but at least they would know their account would definately be credited.

Nowadays, my current Bank will charge me £12. Send the cheque by 1st class post to the drawing Bank, who will confirm that the funds are available, but not actually draw them down, so that at any point in the near future the Acct Holder can STOP the cheque and in effect the cheque will bounce. Plus, my Bank has told me that a cheque never really clears, so in any given period the Bank it is drawn on can stop the cheque or the customer can

What a load of crap!