Help needed to find companion pony!

ozpoz

Visit site
it is typical - offered lots when you aren't looking, and when you are, there is nothing suitable to be found. I know this is a potentially dodgy area, but is is a good private home , one other pony, stabling, grazing and refs available. (Not for me, but for a local.) Any suggestions are most welcome:)

ozpoz

Visit site
Thanks for the replies - feeling heartened already:) It's Perthshire. I don't mind travelling to view though.(within reason).

Havannah

Visit site
Hi there.

Have you tried looking at preloved? You can search the ads based on proximity to where you are. Every time I've searched for anything equine I've found a number of companion horses/ponies being advertised.

Good luck.

ozpoz

Visit site
Pony, not large horse, must be kind,well mannered, and like people!
I've already been looking at WHW and Preloved, and there is nothing that quite fits that description.

Flora

Visit site
I am in the same boat. I am looking for a Shetland for a companion for my ex racer. When I was not looking, there were plenty looking for homes, now that I am wanting one, cant find one for love or money!

Visit site
There is a dartmoor stud/riding school near Kinross that is folding in October when the licence ends and most of the ponies will be looking for new homes I expect. You may find a suitable wee beasty there.

megaar

New User
Visit site
Look in ScotAds, normally a free to good home case in there if you keep your eye on the papers. Also we were told that WHW is first come first serve and everything ready to be rehomed is on the website so maybe calling up would be a waste of time but you never know!

ozpoz

Visit site
Thank you so much for all the helpful suggestions.
I have been offered not one, but two lovely mannerly ponies! :D Both available due to owner's ill health, but sadly only one is required. :(
Surely someone else needs a perfect companion!
Please get in touch if you do.