Help older friend realise she can’t go one with her horse like this ?

luckyoldme

Visit site
I'm 54.
This scares me..that in 10 years or thereabouts folk might think they can tell me how I should live my life.
At the moment I'm a truckdriver who's hobbies include kayaking and mountain biking.
What's going to happen?
Will I just wake up one day and feel an impulse to buy a twin-set and some pearls?
Will I just forget I like mountain biking and suddenly feel an urge to take up flower pressing or stamp collecting?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I'm 54.
This scares me..that in 10 years or thereabouts folk might think they can tell me how I should live my life.
At the moment I'm a truckdriver who's hobbies include kayaking and mountain biking.
What's going to happen?
Will I just wake up one day and feel an impulse to buy a twin-set and some pearls?
Will I just forget I like mountain biking and suddenly feel an urge to take up flower pressing or stamp collecting?

?

I did wake up one day and realise that my favourite velcro fastened shoes no longer looked like I should be wearing them to school and suddenly looked like I should be wearing them to the Darby and Joan Club. The shoes hadn't changed ?

planete

Visit site
I am 73, very experienced and still nuts about horses. I am looking after my two single handed, schooling my very green rather bolshy young cob and making a good safe job of it so far. Experience can often more than compensate for possible age related weaknesses. I have to bite my tongue when i see how some of the younger riders go about things actually.

J&S

Visit site
Like planete, I am 73, only a month to go before I reach 74! I look after my own ponies with out any help, I do some times think pushing the wheel barrow back up the slope is a bit of a bind but other wise I manage pretty well. I do hope my neighbours/friends/family are not planning on taking over from me just yet. Admittedly my ponies are not too much of a handful, nor is the big old horse who I have been able to ride and compete on for the last 4 1/2 years, neither is my partner needing care (although recently he has had a bit of a scare). I do have a heart condition but the doctors have told me to keep on keeping on, so this I will do.