Help on the hunt for THE sparkly hat

avthechav

Visit site
I saw the most amazing riding hat whilst watching the BYEH 4year olds at Hartpury on Weds. It was a fixed peak KEP style hat and the actual hat shell itself shimmered. I have had a good old google search and I can find diamanté ones, or ones with sparkly front or back panels but I can't find one with a shimmery shell, does anyone have any ideas where such a beautiful sparkly hat can be found? :)

LMR

Visit site
I saw the most amazing riding hat whilst watching the BYEH 4year olds at Hartpury on Weds. It was a fixed peak KEP style hat and the actual hat shell itself shimmered. I have had a good old google search and I can find diamanté ones, or ones with sparkly front or back panels but I can't find one with a shimmery shell, does anyone have any ideas where such a beautiful sparkly hat can be found? :)

I think I have the one you mean. It isn't super shiny but it shimmers in the sun. I can check for you when at the yard tomorrow. I will possibly be selling mine as now have a Samshield.

avthechav

Visit site
Ah ha! SOP yes I saw that one, and it is beautiful but not beautiful in the right way :)). LMF yes was defo more of a shimmer....what is yours? :)

Matafleur

Visit site
I don't think it actually was a KEP, just one of those sorts of styles, I don't think it had the raised bit at the front. It was very subtle, as if someone had sprayed it all over with a tiny bit of sparkle spray that just caught in the sun every so often. It's now on my Olympia shopping list if I can ever find out what it was!

Avthechav - wish we'd taken note of the rider now!

Matafleur

Visit site

meardsall_millie

Visit site
I don't think so - it was really very subtle, I don't think you'd notice any sparkle at all if the sun didn't catch it. So subtle that a (probably) Pro rider wore it in a BYEH class! Wish we had paid more attention now, I was briefly hypnotized by it whilst bartering with the photographer!

I did see a Samshield today that sounds similar to what you've described. The glittery bits were quite deep set and were the same colour as the hat so it was more shimmery than glittery (does that make sense?!)

Matafleur

Visit site
I did see a Samshield today that sounds similar to what you've described. The glittery bits were quite deep set and were the same colour as the hat so it was more shimmery than glittery (does that make sense?!)

Yes, yes!! Shimmery! But all over the shell I think, not just on the insert bits that are usually the crystally bits.

Wonders if it would be overkill to go down the entries list and stalk possible riders......

avthechav

Visit site
Wow! I was away yesterday and have come back today to find lots of helpful sparkly hat finders! It's not quite any of the ones so far...(although I do like most of them a lot!!). I am going to hunt down the photos and see if I can find a picture, matafleur- I usually depend on you to remember stuff like this, u have let me down :)! Rider was fairly late on in the 4 year olds....possibly a few before Laura Collet? I will have a hunt. Thanks for all the help!