Help! Owner on yard padlocking their stable!

Clannad48

Visit site
Don't cut the padlock off. That is criminal damage.

Don't expect her to listen to you if you go about it the wrong way.

Try to approach this whole thing from a different angle.

Maybe like this...

Ask her for a chat one day and bring up the fact that a few things have been stolen from the yard recently and is she worried about it...because you are. Ask her if she would consider chipping in for some signs for the yard and maybe some CCTV cameras, old non working ones off ebay just as a deterrent. Tell her you totally understand why she has padlocked her stable and that if that's what she really wants, no problem, but could she perhaps leave a spare key somewhere, maybe that just the two of you know about so that if for any reason she can't get to the yard or there's an emergency and the horse needs to be out of the stable, e.g. fire, horse freaking out inside for some reason, that you can make sure the horse is safe.

Go at it in the wrong way and you could easily alienate her. Go at it in a way in which you want to help and be supportive and it could open communication a bit so that she might see how dangerous a padlock is or at least, agree to leave a key for emergencies somewhere on the yard.

The best, most sensible advice of this thread so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

khadijah

Visit site
I mentioned it too. Text speak is annoying and against forum rules. There are people on the forum for which English isn't their first language and text speak makes understanding unnecessarily difficult.

No hun this is not what i meant

I was told not to text speak... And i didnt do it again... When i referred to my spelling i was answering the poster that said to me been as I can spell 'obligation' and 'tolerate' I can spell shoulda woulda coulda ! Or some such weird reply.

This kind of unhelpful
Posts arnt helping the OP with the dilemma. I just dont understand how horsie people who are soooo incredibly busy have time for being cryptical and catty !

Moomin1

Visit site
No hun this is not what i meant

I was told not to text speak... And i didnt do it again... When i referred to my spelling i was answering the poster that said to me been as I can spell 'obligation' and 'tolerate' I can spell shoulda woulda coulda ! Or some such weird reply.

This kind of unhelpful
Posts arnt helping the OP with the dilemma. I just dont understand how horsie people who are soooo incredibly busy have time for being cryptical and catty !

There's nothing cryptic about what I said - I said if you can spell 'obligation', you can spell 'should' etc.

Oh, and I have plenty of time on my hands....I'm on maternity leave.

Fides

Visit site
There's nothing cryptic about what I said - I said if you can spell 'obligation', you can spell 'should' etc.

I understood what you meant - would should could not wud, cud like the poster was using. You weren't criticising spelling, just the text speak.

OWLIE185

Visit site
The owner of the yard does have a duty of care to any animal on his property under the new animal welfare legislation. This means that in an emergency situation access to the animal would be required (such as a medical emergency colic etc). The owner of the yard needs to be made aware of this and should make it quite clear that no stable should be locked with a padlock etc.

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site

a baby moomin? oh dear lord...

*runs and hides in a locked stable to be safe*