Help please cos I'm being a bit thick

Bettyboo1976

Visit site
I want to give notice on my livery,

I have signed a contract to say I need to give 1 months notice which is fine but Ideally I want to go before.

when I arrived I payed up front in advance for livery, which means the bill I have just recieved takes me up to the end of July. so if I give notice on Friday when I would normally pay this bill.. do I pay it or not? (see told you I was thick) I want to give notice on friday.

if I don't pay it I assume that if I had any 'extras' in july then I would pay these when I leave the yard at end of july??

Do have to then stay at the yard untill the end of July or can I go before owing nothing?

ok so you with me so far? good.

The reason I am leaving is that my friend has gone and broke her femur (sp?) and is out of action she currently has 3 horses and 1 foal with a further 2 that were out on loan and now coming back and she needs help so has offered to pay my livery if I move to her yard to help her out. She is desparate a good friend and dont want to let her down.

Thanks for reading.. looking forward to your replies.

Lurky McLurker

Visit site
I might be wrong, but I think you do have to pay for the month of July because the point of the month's notice is so that your YO has time to find a replacement livery to fill your space so she doesn't suddenly have a lump of her monthly income taken away without warning. The way my yard works is that you don't have to stay for the whole month as long as you've paid for it, so you could pay for July and then leave before the month is up if you wanted to. Don't know if your yard would have the same system though.

BobbyMondeo

Visit site
Yes you would still have to pay it even if you leave sooner than the end of the July

Reason being that your months notice would take you up to the end of July so would be entitled to keep your horse there untill then so are still expecting to pay for that.

Chez

Visit site
Yes, you will pay your July bill and hand in your notice Friday. You of course would be able to leave before then but you will still have to pay for July as this is your months notice period.