Help please! Fairly cheap good dried food for labs??

Taffyhorse

Visit site
Hi All,

My parents have 2 labs - both full brothers, coming 7, both working gundogs (though I suspect coming season may be their last).

The dilemma is food... They have been fed on Dr Johns (I know...!) but are looking to change onto something different. I feed Arden Grange and am trying to persuade them to change but they are concerned about the cost - they aren't cheapskates but money can be a bit tight for various reasons.

So does anyone have any good suggestions for a good dried food that would cost approx £20-25 per big bag 12-15kg that I can recommend to them? I thought about Skinners??

They won't consider RAW so needs to be a good dried food - if anyone can help, I'd be really grateful.

Cheers,

Taffyhorse

Visit site
Thanks CC - saw you online and hoped you might reply :)

I will suggest this one. On another note, should they be receiving a senior food now or is the standard skinners field and trial duck and rice ok do you think?

Cheers
PS: I'm still hoping to persuade them onto Arden Grange :) My boy's never looked so well!!

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
My three-year old is on a senior food :p so not the best person to ask.
TBH seven isn't THAT old for a healthy dog and if they are going to be working their last season I wouldn't put them on oldie food just yet.
(Was no such thing as puppy, junior, senior foods not so long ago :p)

Taffyhorse

Visit site
Great - thanks everyone. They are coming down to stay at Easter so I will put it to them then :)

I think one of our local stores sells skinners so might see if I can persuade them to give it a whirl while they are here.