Help please! Friesian advice

engab

Visit site
I am looking into buying a Friesian, and the one I am interested in is a grade 1.95% but not too sure what this means. His sire is TJESSE 400 and is suppose to be a fantastic sire. I have never had a Friesian before but know they are rare. How much would I be looking to pay for one? This horse is low mileage but schooled, rising 6 yrs 16.hh and fully papered. Thanks in advance

ecrozier

Visit site
A lot of money! Friend wanted a fresian because she liked the way they looked! We went and looked at 4, all vastly overpriced IMHO, didn't enjoy riding any of them! They were all between £5000-£10000.
She ended up with an unregistered welsh d type who looks like he has fresian somewhere in his ancestry!!

engab

Visit site
Yes I have found they are extremely expensive however the one I am keen on is only 3.5k and is nearly 6. Looks gorgeous and lady said she still have the receipt for 6k as a two yr old! I'm thinking it sounds too good to be true! But she is ill so maybe just needs a quick sale?

lindsayc31

Visit site
Hi, I had the great pleasure of owning a friesian that I had imported form Holland as a yearling. They aren't as rare as you may think and are fast becoming a very popular horse, the 'in thing' if you like. there are many unscrupulous people out there charging ridiculous amounts of money for sub standard horses so be careful. The 1.95% is how inbred the horse is.
Hope this has helped you!

Kelpie

Visit site
We bought our Fresian a few years back for £6k, which was a fair bit of money for what was basically a green-broke 4yo. However, I think actually they've come down in price a lot lately, largely a reflection of the state of the market, so I wouldn't necessarily be surprised by the price drop.

Our guy is lovely, but I would say do be mindful as to exactly what you want him for..... they can be great at dressage but imho aren't built for it the way that a warmblood is..... and likewise tho our guy will happily pop 3ft, actually they're not built to jump either really! That said, they do look fab! :) ... and for a nice allrounder for my OH (which is what ours is), he's great.

DosyMare

Visit site
My friend has just bought a Friesian - raising 4yo and £4500. She did have to get him cut but his amazing.
She was looking at Friesian breeders and nothing was under £6500 and they were untouched.
If youre patient - they do come up. She was only looking for 1 month and she didnt have to travel miles.
Happy searching.

engab

Visit site
Thanks guys, I would just be using him/her for local dressage and happy hacker and a bit of a 'pose' so to speak. I have been searching high and low and cannot find a fully papered one (a lot of people claiming to have a cross breed) within my budget of around 3.5 - 4k

FayeFriesian

Visit site
Hi,

Shame, we've just sold quiet a few, as we're giving up breeding. We have an unbroken 10 year old mare for sale, but it would have to be a special home as she's flity. She's produced some fantastic foals though getting 3rd premies at the gradings (not bad to say we use our unapproved stallion!).

We had Bi-boek friesians. They are slightly cheaper, but not by much and can be graded/registered with the FPS as normal. Its only because they're not by approved stallions.

If you're still looking for a friesian, let me know and i'll help you in your quest. It depends if you're bothered about them being bi-boek ll/l or you want them into the main book by approved stallions.

Happy to discuss if you want to PM, I know a fair few people with them for sale. I also know who i'd not personally touch.

Our website is Bradshawfriesians, or you could look on Faceache again, Bradshawfriesians.

FayeFriesian

Visit site
Ps - If you're on Facebook, please join the group "UK Friesian Owners". Theres alot of private sales on there, and also people selling off their stock.

You should be more than able to get an FPS registered friesian for your buget.

Festive_Felicitations

Visit site
Just out of interest...

a friend of mine down here breeds Fresians and this in one of her stallions who has gone GP this year (and not done too badly!)

Django of Cacharel:
His final GP kur of 2011 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE9rzdl1cz4&feature=related

And to show off his wonderful temprament:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QckQ...xt=C36af3d4UDOEgsToPDskLkqiNV2eEnsBkrqnUd4d6s

Website (bit out of date) http://tashkentfriesians.com/?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=3&fontstyle=f-larger