Help please need some advice!!

nuttychestnuthorse

Visit site
My mare is on week 3 of her gastro guard and I'm pulling my hair out with research to what to put her on supplement wise afterwards! I've been looking into the more herbal alternatives first as obv ALOT cheaper! There seems to be so many wanted everyone's opinions and advice please. She is currently in at night until hopefully at weekend, ad lib hay and high fibre diet, but she is a very stressy mare to keep calm enough so I'm worried treatment not working?! She Is on top spec balancer which has their calmer in it which she was on before but don't really wanna pay £37 a month for extra calmer x

Tammytoo

Visit site
Brewers Yeast is good for soothing stressy tummies which in turn makes the horse calmer. It's very cheap and I've used it for years on our tbs.

horsemadelsie

Visit site
Not tried them but my horse was brilliant on brewers yeast (although he isn't stressy, just iffy tummy). Now have him on NAF gastri-aid which is good, because I found it hard to get brewers yeast locally, and got a few mouldy bags- wasn't impressed at 3/4 hrs drive to take it back every time!:)