Help please. Stable name required

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
I lost my horses to illness last year and some of you may remember I asked for suggestions of where to look for their successor. I bought her a couple of months ago.

In spite of much thought she still lacks a stable name. Her passported name ( which I won't tell you ) doesn't suit her. The few people that know it agree. It also doesn't lend itself to shortening or alteration in any way. So help is required please.

I do not want a name that reminds me of previous horses either mine or those I have known so that excludes a lot. I do not want a name that is defined by her colour i.e. Goldie, Ginger, Spot etc ( so I won't tell you that either!)

She is very friendly, about 15hh, not fine bred and of reasonably mature years.
My apologies that the information is brief.

As I have told all my family and friends most names will be rejected but someone somewhere will suggest " The One ".
I am looking forward to receiving the suugestions of the Great HHO Brain.
Thanks

skinnydipper

Visit site
Lottie
Maisie

difficult to choose a name without seeing a photo, some animals just look like a Daisy or a Mabel of whatever.

Last edited:

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
OK I give in..... Hopefully here is a black and white photo :D :D

29257714_2042561999366005_1312170679965057024_n.jpg

Last edited:

turnbuckle

Visit site
She is very pretty.

Sophie?

But do you want a "human" name?

If not how about Zebra, she is kinda stripey.

Or Epona (horse goddess), could be shortened to Pona which is quite cute.

Fluffypiglet

Visit site
:D Unlikely you’ll meet another horse with the same name! It’s difficult tothink of something unusual.... I disliked my horses stable name when I got him but it does suit him so I’ve had to learn to live with it.:eek::

KittenInTheTree

Visit site
Velvet, after the girl who owned the big coloured horse in National Velvet, and also because she looks like she has a lovely velvety sort of nose :)

Other suggestions:

Domino
Dancer
Helga
Sprite
Spring
Eden
Iris

Last edited:

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I lost my horses to illness last year and some of you may remember I asked for suggestions of where to look for their successor. I bought her a couple of months ago.

In spite of much thought she still lacks a stable name. Her passported name ( which I won't tell you ) doesn't suit her. The few people that know it agree. It also doesn't lend itself to shortening or alteration in any way. So help is required please.

I do not want a name that reminds me of previous horses either mine or those I have known so that excludes a lot. I do not want a name that is defined by her colour i.e. Goldie, Ginger, Spot etc ( so I won't tell you that either!)

She is very friendly, about 15hh, not fine bred and of reasonably mature years.
My apologies that the information is brief.

As I have told all my family and friends most names will be rejected but someone somewhere will suggest " The One ".
I am looking forward to receiving the suugestions of the Great HHO Brain.
Thanks

Cointreau
Countess
Puzzle
Tia
Sade
Jen

Theocat

Visit site
Trying to think of names without much common usage or possible connotations!

Caffrey
Tino
Tealin
Seren
Lark
Juniper
Lemma