Help please - vet who can treat TMG problem

whirlwindhorses

www.whirlwindhorses.co.uk
Can anyone recommend a vet please who can mediate my horses TMG? She had a CT two weeks ago which shows changes to her TMG. Desperately trying to find a vet who can treat her asap after being messed around all week by current practice. Shes in a lot of pain with this and has been a long time. Im near Oswestry in Shropshire. Thanks in advance.

fishy

Visit site
I don't know who your vet is but I'd ring as many as you could even from outside your area. Also have you tried any massage,acupuncture,ttouch therapies? Hope you find someone,sorry I can't make any recommendations😔 x

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Do you mean TMJ joint? My dentist recommends Oakham for treatment, I believe they will inject steroids into the joint, to good effect. It was a long time ago we discussed it, and I may well remember wrong, but it would be worth giving them a ring.

JillA

Visit site
You could try what I did when my dog developed megaesophagus - email all the practices within a fair distance who have an equine element and ask them if they have any experience of treating it? I agree with Janet, Fyrnwy are very good and also have one of their vets who also works at Leahurst so could call on their experience too.
(The one I opted for with my dog told me they had three clients on their books with it and unlike my then current practice who were just waiting for her to die, helped to give her a further comfortable year. It does work)

whirlwindhorses

www.whirlwindhorses.co.uk
Update for anyone interested, Rosie had both her Jaw TM joints injected with steroid yesterday (by James from Stretton Hills). Here's two photo's of the left side joint, the blood is from the injection. Have to wait and see if it works now

10006187_1085173634850388_2523494206938497358_n.jpg

1914817_1085173678183717_1296865307482434610_n.jpg