HELP PLEASE !! What to do with my lovely eventer ?? (with pics)

KatieLovesJames

Visit site
Hi again,
I broke my ankle almost 3 weeks ago and have sent my lovely boy to a fab yard (non eventing) where he is being looked after meticulously and I completely trust them he is being cared for like their own, so no sleepless nights worrying about him not getting his cuddles thank goodness
smile.gif
however I have been told i will not be able to ride for the next 5 months, which means my lovely boy will not event this season !! I don't want to move him from lovely people at lovely yard but don't want him to not compete ?!
Not sure there are any answers so more of a moan really
mad.gif
.. thanks for reading !! x
tongue.gif

http://a99.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/64/m_66e8ca0154c083c9680eafe53c90b8da.jpg
http://a418.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/30/m_e8db6ba7ff2a83c59dbf1f80e8c07c21.jpg
http://a27.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/47/m_173370da30542b2a87af17894c56823a.jpg

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
P.S. Can anyone see the pictures of him they are miniature on my computer for some reason ??!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I can! He is rather nice. I'm not sure I would want someone else eventing him, in case they broke him, but could he go somewhere to compete in dressage or sj for the season, which is slightly safer?

KatieLovesJames

Visit site
Thanks very much I adore him he is the nicest horse I've owned, my pride and joy !!
The yard he is on is a dressage yard and they will compete him for me, for as long as my finances last !!
grin.gif

Lottiedude

Visit site
My friend has a great trainer, eventer Andrea Morris, who is based in Bolton. I don't know if she is looking for any more horses to compete this year, but I will try to find out.
She often competes horses for clients, and is a very talented rider. I guess it would depend on what level the horse is currently at, your plans for the future, and the all important consideration, cost.

If I can get her number, I will send it to you. You could always give her a ring to discuss your situation, she's very nice.

Stunning horse by the way!

KatieLovesJames

Visit site
Hi there, Thanks but can't afford to keep in pro yard for long !!
frown.gif

I think really need to find good jockey who needs a ride who can perhaps keep him and let me pay entries and extras ... is there such a person ???

DuckToller

Visit site
I'm sure lots of people would want him for a season! Especially as he is fit and sound... It's just finding the right person. You could put an ad on the Pony Club website perhaps for an experienced PC eventing home for the season? Like you say, you could pay entries and enjoy watching.

Or if worried about someone injuring him, why not just turn him away? How old is he? He won't mind not doing much, and maybe doctors are being too conservative and you will be riding much sooner.

Hornby

Visit site
Just being devil's advocate here (but there are other relevant threads today ...see Trainer scarred my horse..) how would you feel if he had an injury with someone else?

kerilli

Visit site
charmer, i'd love him for the season, i don't know whether you'd think i was good enough though. very patient and kind, small yard so lots of cuddles etc, do them all myself. i've produced from foal to 2* and baby to 2* and 3*. pm me if you like.

Louise_88

Visit site
I'm sure you'd be able to find a young event rider who would be willing to compete and train your horse for free but with Competitions etc payed for. I know i would.

showjump

Visit site
What is it that you want him to be doing whilst you are unable to ride? Being kept generally fit, or competing (SJ/ Event? Dressage?

lizzieb

Visit site
I'm fairly local and would love to event him for you but unfortunately I hardly have space and time for my own 2 horses and my sister's horse as well as a full time job
frown.gif
Hope you find a lovely place for him for the summer.

icestationzebra

Visit site
Sorry to hear about your leg
crazy.gif
I broke my ankle and leg in 3 places back in August so I know what you are going through. Have the doctors told you 5 months? I got back on the day after my plaster came off and whilst it wasn't pretty I was back in the saddle after 8 weeks
grin.gif

KatieLovesJames

Visit site
WOW well done you !!
cool.gif

Getting cast off in a week while clips come out then a new cast on so think am looking at at least 10-12 weeks more and then don't imagine I will do my boy justice after being out of action that long ! I would prefer him to have good season, I can ride others that can cope with not much work and won't be missing out as much if that makes sense ?!!!
smile.gif

icestationzebra

Visit site
It does make sense - you will be very weak in that leg to start with and it takes a while to get the flex back in your ankle - so you are a passenger for a few weeks but you soon strengthen up pretty quickly. I've had all winter to work on it though. Take it yours was operated on too? I had wires, screws and plates put in mine
tongue.gif

Lottiedude

Visit site
I hope you can find a solution, and that your leg heals quickly.
I would love to help personally, but with two of my own to deal with, and facing surgery on my spine soon, I doubt I would be of any assistance!
Good luck and keep us posted!